Last Sunday and the Wednesday before I had the opportunity to try out the deus on some hard hit cellar sites .

Wednesday the 29th of April me and a couple of brothers (Rick & Ron ) got out for a couple of hours after work to hit a couple of hard hit cellar holes , Ron had just gotten a deus and Rick has had his maybe a couple of months now . So we all wanted to see just how they'd do on these sites they have hit multiple times with a few different machines , I just wanted to get out honestly and test it out in the iron . The first site was thick with briars but Ron got the first good target he let all of us go over it and we all agreed there was iron but it sounded good to dig. He pulls up a very worn smooth copper coin right next to the cellar lip and it wasn't very deep just in the iron . we spent about an hour and a half there and I picked up a few button , a saddle strap guide (nice ornate one too) Name:  april 29 saddle strap guide.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  39.3 KB and on the way to the other cellar hole I managed to get a KGII in the road , a deep one (9 inches ) Name:  april 29th copper.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  76.6 KBwith my small elliptical coil . the other cellar was very hammered but I pulled a button or two right out of the lip of the cellar that Ron informed me dozens of machines have swung over . My finds for just a few hours that day Name:  April 29th finds.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  84.5 KB

Sunday May 3rd I was out with Donnie and again I wanted to hit some former sites of mine that were hard hit , the first was an early (late 1600's to early 1720's era ) site and started on the lip of the cellar listening through the iron and digging a few bits that sounded decent . I did hear a great target about 8 inches down right next to the chimney pile Name:  may apothecary weight.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  95.1 KB it was a coin or apothecary weight with Roman numerals XV and an assayer's or silversmith initials mark of SD . These quite possibly be to one Samuel Drowne back in 1688 .

The next site was productive as I pictured up a multitude of buttons and a broken gold plate ring with dark blue stone Name:  may 3rg ring.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  60.0 KB it looked old but I wasn't sure just how old until I put the two fragments together and saw an old classic style urn on the side Name:  may3rd ring 2.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  57.6 KB . I believe it might be a colonial or just post colonial mourning ring . also in the hunt were two military buttons , a smushed civil war era eagle Name:  may eagle button.jpg
Size:  106.6 KB and a small pewter cuff with very faint embossed letters U.S. Name:  may pewter US button.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  77.1 KB it would of been a general service from 1808 to maybe 1830. Name:  may 3rd finds.jpg
Size:  65.0 KB. This machine is a beast in the iron and just can't wait to take it to many old spots and new ones .

Dan