Thread: Find of the year - sort of

Threaded View

Elite Member

Find of the year - sort of

A challenging year to say the least but something happened today that made my year. Foe about 15 years (maybe longer) I have been beating myself up for losing a coin my Dad found in the 70's from a woods my Mom use to go to for a Church picnic when she was a young girl. I thought the coin was gone but it miraculously showed up in my junk room today. The coin is a Reale, about the size of a nickel so maybe a 2 reale. It had a date written on the holder of 1808 but I am pretty sure it is not an 08, but it is in my Dad's hand writing so it will remain an 1808. So no my find but one that means a lot more. Also, found a 2 cent piece he found in the 70's so I threw that photo in too. My year has been a grind but last Saturday I did manage 3 silver including a nice 1910 Barber dime. Sorry did not take a photo. Happy in Wisconsin despite the nonsense with this virus. Be well Wisconsin Digger
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 1 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 1 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 13 Wheats - $ 5.29 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes