Thread: Log cabin/house finds

Threaded View

Log cabin/house finds

1830s log cabin that they built a house around. Got there too late for it was razed late winter (when I got permission). One of the oldest established properties where I live. The front yard is now buried with 2-3 feet of dirt. Sorry I haven't posted finds in a while. Been crazy with my dog passing and work. Stay safe out there everyone!

Name:  our navy1.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  18.0 KBName:  our navy.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  17.5 KB
    "Our Navy" token - 1863

Name:  exempt us.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  14.5 KB
    Exempt token from WW1. Disregard the R. I didn't know what this was until I researched. Not in very good condition.

Name:  Dietrich Ford model T.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  27.2 KB
    Found this interesting. Dietrich Bros. in Wauwatosa was one of the original Ford Model T distributors. Guessing this was on the car??

Name:  coins.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  30.1 KB Found coins. Nothing too exciting.

Name:  carriage button.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  17.9 KB
    Carriage on a button w/ shank that is folded over. Any ideas on this one?

Name:  buckles.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  32.1 KB
    Two buckles. Purchase one a cake and get a Palmolive soap token.

Name:  bling.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  18.9 KB
    Pin is decorative, looks newer. Mexican Silver pendant from necklace and a sterling silver man's ring. I wouldn't want to wear that if it is a ring.

Name:  asian 2.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  34.9 KB

Need help on this one. This looks like old brass/copper. No tarnish at all. Geisha with Asian writing. Looks like it might have folded over. Left side is flat and likely where it broke off.

Name:  relics.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  41.4 KB Relics. Found a lot more sq. nails than the one. Tons of garbage. Axe head, hammer head, iron wedge for splitting wood. Clock part on lower right? Nice patina on the pocket watch. It is a smaller one than what I normally find. Knob thing on right has an iron back with a slot for a belt or something to go through. Kind of heavy for someone to wear.

Thanks everyone.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by badgers325; 05-19-2020 at 06:25 AM.
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Waterproof Pinpointer, CTX3030 with 6,11,17" coils.