Thread: No Hunting This Week

No Hunting This Week

I was not able to get out this week, but the week before I found a sweet colonial neck stock buckle
    A park produced another Kennedy half, and a beat 1694-1704 William 3rd. This is only my 4th Kennedy ever...I found two in two days some years ago and two within a few weeks this go round. I've found more William 3rds.

Anyone know what that thin intricate pressed thing is? No shank mark on back and thinner than a dandy.
    My grandson has the technique down!
    Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Your future hunting buddy has great form already Drew. I've never found a neck buckle. Always amazing to see coins 300 years apart in age come out of the same piece of ground ! WIII is always a nice find. Is that a solid brass fork ?? Your thin fancy silver thingy reminds me of a make up case cover or the inner cover of a pocket watch.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Thanks,Jeff...that fork is what's left of a skeleton key. Yeah, pocket watch inner, that sounds right!
    My little guy likes to play with the pin pointer more
    How are the twins???
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    Thanks,Jeff...that fork is what's left of a skeleton key. Yeah, pocket watch inner, that sounds right!
    My little guy likes to play with the pin pointer more
    How are the twins???
    Yeah.....now that you mention it Drew , I can now see that that "solid brass fork" is obviously a skeleton key.

Twins are doing very well thanks. Would be a month old if they hadn't come 7 weeks early. Corinne is over 9 lbs and Cam is over 8 lbs. They came over Sunday wearing matching "Honk if you like metal detecting" onesies. Did I get a picture? No!!
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

@ the onesies! My wife loled too! Glad to hear they're well!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Nice Finds! And the ever elusive Kennedy clad half! My vote is for a backplate to a pocket watch.
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

Nice finds! When I first saw the broken key, I thought of Tooth floss holder. Lol
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 4
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Nice Drew! I've only found 1 Kennedy half ever. Beautiful shot in the woods btw.

Johnk
    Vermont relic hunting, one swing at a time.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG2...OLib30A/videos

The variety of your finds always blows my mind, Drew! Such a wide time span represented there. That colonial neck stock buckle is wonderful!

Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg