Thread: Seated Love Token!!

Threaded View

Seated Love Token!!

Sunday evening I went to an old park that dates back to the 1850's or so. I have never found a seated there but I have had a fair amount of success over the years and I know that there has to be lots of old deep coins there. I also wanted to try out the new Equinox update that is supposed to help find deep high conductors like silver and copper. I had a fantastic hunt there and I will post all the finds another day but this bucket lister below showed up just as I was going to head to the local beach to look for some gold.

Name:  FullSizeRender (1).jpg
Views: 196
Size:  55.0 KB
    Name:  FullSizeRender (2).jpg
Views: 211
Size:  67.5 KB
    Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  57.7 KB

It was in a area I have gone over before so perhaps I just missed it or perhaps it was partially masked by another target...its a trashy area. Came in at a 30 in one direction and 26-27 the other direction and about 8 inches deep.

I picked it up and saw that it was a seated dime but it was too dirty to see the date and the other side was completely caked with dirt. When I got to the car to rinse it with some water I was in shock to see that it was a love token!

Can anyone decipher the text? My wife has a calligraphy book but not sure what the letters are...or even which way is right side up. I think the top pic of the etching is the one that is the right side up. My guess is GEF.
    Last edited by Bucknut; 08-04-2020 at 03:44 PM.
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)