Thread: I just installed the disc pattern Angel uses in my E Trac.

I just installed the disc pattern Angel uses in my E Trac.

I moved all my settings to the settings that he uses then scattered silver and clad all over the grass in the front yard. Wow what a difference in the tones! I had my variabilty too low and entered all of them as you listed. Every coin had a totally different tone. I was getting all of them at 11 plus inches air testing. The silver dimes really squeal nice an the silver Quarters say dig me now big boy. What a difference just a few adjustments make. Cannot wait to get out tomorrow afternoon and Tuesday. Thanks............
    Wishin I was a dirt fishin!

Re: I just installed the disc pattern Angel uses in my E Trac.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flynn View Post
    I moved all my settings to the settings that he uses then scattered silver and clad all over the grass in the front yard. Wow what a difference in the tones! I had my variabilty too low and entered all of them as you listed. Every coin had a totally different tone. I was getting all of them at 11 plus inches air testing. The silver dimes really squeal nice an the silver Quarters say dig me now big boy. What a diffeence just a few adjustments make. Cannot wait to get out tomorrow afternoon and Tuesday. Thanks............
    Oh Boy.....here comes the silver lol Hope you do well with the new program.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

You are going to clean up at those sites of yours. lol And you are going to have a lot of fun.

A also just set up my Etrac with Angellionels pattern and suggested settings.I just found an old school to hunt close by.Saturday morning will be the first time I get to try out the settings and pattern.Bill

Quote Originally Posted by beepn View Post
    A also just set up my Etrac with Angellionels pattern and suggested settings.I just found an old school to hunt close by.Saturday morning will be the first time I get to try out the settings and pattern.Bill
    I wish you great success!

I also ramped up to the Angel settings tonight and had a quick run at it. It was really not enough time to do it justice, but there is one thing that I noticed and that was that the level of tones were quite a lot as I expected them to be at such a hot setting, but it was not unbearable. On my DFX, there was no way I could take mixed mode for very long because it was just such a sonic mess to deal with. The E-Trac on the other hand, has a nice round and smooth tone set, so it's a much more pleasant experience, even though you have so many tones being thrown at you.

I still need to learn what a good number is, and so far, I've just concentrated on the CO being in the 40's and the FE being at or near 12. This will change with a super hot Etrac, so I'm curious to know what kinds of signal numbers you all dig when running this hot.

This is really the reason I got the E-Trac, because I know that around here, you're going to have to go deep to find the good stuff. I can learn to deal with a lot of signals, knowing that I'm seeking that special crackle that means a goodie down deep.

Regards, Ken
    Minelab E-Trac, stock coil

Quote Originally Posted by kenfen View Post

I still need to learn what a good number is, and so far, I've just concentrated on the CO being in the 40's and the FE being at or near 12. This will change with a super hot Etrac, so I'm curious to know what kinds of signal numbers you all dig when running this hot.

Regards, Ken
    Forget about the FE numbers when running hot. I dig all CO numbers above 30 until I find where the aluminum screw caps read and I don't dig the shallow ones. Dig anything that has a nice tone and rely on the depth guage, and you will be alright lol
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold