Thread: Found a bucket list button today!

Threaded View

Found a bucket list button today!

I found an amazing French Revolution Army button today! I took a friend detecting at the 1794 battle site about 3 miles from my house. He is new to detecting so I was "showing him the ropes." I got a screamer 90 signal on my XP Deus. It was only a half inch deep and at first I thought it was just a big dandy button. I put it in my pouch and moved on. After the hunt we were comparing finds and I looked at the button (which had now dried out) and was shocked to see familiar writing on it! It is one of my bucket list buttons! It's a huge officer's button (30mm or 1 1/4 in) that still shows some of the gold gilt. The District of Melun was a French Territorial division from 1790 to 1795. This button was issued between 1790 and 1794! La Loi et Le Roi translates to "The law and the king." I am so excited to have found this button and it now sits in a cherished place in my museum! LOL. Happy digging, Dave.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger