Thread: Luck of the Bald Eagle siting

Elite Member

Luck of the Bald Eagle siting

Heading back to the park I have been hunting I had a Bald Eagle fly right over my car. I figured that had to be a good Omen. The last silver I found today was a 1925 SLQ which popped out Eagle side up. Had another productive hunt which also included a 1900 Barber Dime and 2 Rosies. Two days ago I did manage to find a lone Merc which got me to 100 silver. Another glorious fall day in Wisconsin. Wisconsin Digger
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Beautiful SLQ! And nice barber…does it have a mint mark?
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

Elite Member
    No MM on either. Thx WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Sweet finds WD , Congrats ! That's an awesome SLQ ! If the Eagle was an omen to your great find I guess I'm in for a long slump as lately a couple of Crows have unmercifully been crapping all over my car .

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Thrills View Post
    Sweet finds WD , Congrats ! That's an awesome SLQ ! If the Eagle was an omen to your great find I guess I'm in for a long slump as lately a couple of Crows have unmercifully been crapping all over my car .
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2023 Silver: 1 Gold: 0

Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America

Great looking SLQ, and lots of other nice finds! Been so long since I've seen silver almost forgot what it looked like. Good job on the reminder!
    Equipment:

Nice looking pile of coinage WD!

Cheap Thrills, if you want good luck you need to get those crows to crap on your head.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Quote Originally Posted by Lodge Scent View Post
    Nice looking pile of coinage WD!

Cheap Thrills, if you want good luck you need to get those crows to crap on your head.

An interesting concept indeed . Can you attribute any of your great successes to such an event ?

An interesting concept indeed . Can you attribute any of your great successes to such an event ?
    Well no, my good luck comes from kneeling in deer poop when I dig out a target.....but it is a well known fact that getting pooped on by a bird brings good luck. It says so on the internet so it has to be true.

Well no, my good luck comes from kneeling in deer poop when I dig out a target.....but it is a well known fact that getting pooped on by a bird brings good luck. It says so on the internet so it has to be true.
    OMG .......... and here I was thinking you were handing me a line of crap !!
    Not only do I applaud your great finds but also your vast knowledge of the internet .

https://www.bing.com/search?q=birdpo...e7d886383047af

OMG .......... and here I was thinking you were handing me a line of crap !!
    Not only do I applaud your great finds but also your vast knowledge of the internet .

https://www.bing.com/search?q=birdpo...e7d886383047af

Reading this I can only offer my experience on the subject. It's happened to me twice. Once while walking towards the building entrance at work. A seagull arched a nice big poo at full speed over the roof line 2 stories down only to land square on top of my head. The second time I was in the car waiting to turn left, 2nd lane of 5, among dozens of cars all around me. I had my window cracked maybe 3/4 inch. Seagull flew over and lobbed one right through the opening of the window striking me in the head and side of my face.
    Now, I can assure you I neither felt blessed, gifted, nor even the slightest bit lucky either time. So obviously this is a wives tale.
    Equipment:

Quote Originally Posted by Digger_O'Dell View Post
    Reading this I can only offer my experience on the subject. It's happened to me twice. Once while walking towards the building entrance at work. A seagull arched a nice big poo at full speed over the roof line 2 stories down only to land square on top of my head. The second time I was in the car waiting to turn left, 2nd lane of 5, among dozens of cars all around me. I had my window cracked maybe 3/4 inch. Seagull flew over and lobbed one right through the opening of the window striking me in the head and side of my face.
    Now, I can assure you I neither felt blessed, gifted, nor even the slightest bit lucky either time. So obviously this is a wives tale.
    Now just hold your horses O'Dell....... it is quite possible that those two airborne fecal assaults are responsible for every bit of good luck that you have had since then. I dare you to disprove it!

Now just hold your horses O'Dell....... it is quite possible that those two airborne fecal assaults are responsible for every bit of good luck that you have had since then. I dare you to disprove it!
    That would be hard to prove or disprove either way. But I can assure you that the last incident at least left a bad taste in my mouth, and both were quite fishy at best.
    Equipment:

How many silvers have you pulled out of that park now? 100+?
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Elite Member
    This may be the most entertaining thread I have followed here. I think a lot of A.D."s could pass as comedy writers. Good stuff. 26 silvers so far out of this Park this year. It is a HUGE Fairground Park with over 100 years of history. It has been hunted a ton but there are so many areas it would take a LOT of swinging to begin to cover it all. WD PS I did stop at a new spot today and found 11 quarters (clad), a wheatie and 2 silver in a short hunt, so I may have a place to start at next year.

Quote Originally Posted by wisconsin digger View Post
    Heading back to the park I have been hunting I had a Bald Eagle fly right over my car. I figured that had to be a good Omen. The last silver I found today was a 1925 SLQ which popped out Eagle side up. Had another productive hunt which also included a 1900 Barber Dime and 2 Rosies. Two days ago I did manage to find a lone Merc which got me to 100 silver. Another glorious fall day in Wisconsin. Wisconsin Digger
    WD, first, congrats on the finds, great looking SLQ! Also, if a Bald Eagle flew over your car, and then you popped out a SLQ with the Eagle up, well, I agree, it was a good omen. So now you got me thinkin' the next time I go detecting, I hope a seated lady goes flying over my car! huh? watcha think?,,,,I can't wait.

Jeff
    I live my life one target at a time
    since '68

Elite Member
    Jeff, either that or you could just settle for seeing your BARBER. WD

Wow, this thread went off the rails
    Wonderful coins, WD!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew