Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: It's coming!

  1. #1

    It's coming!

    I have no idea what it is but the XP video says it is coming! Time to crank up the rumor mill!
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

    "He who would search for pearls must dive below."

  2. #2
    It has to be simultaneous multi-frequency to compete with Minelab. You can easily see in all the digging groups that Minelab is kicking everyone's butt in the market for detectors. I love my Deus and I own two of them so I won't be in any hurry to run out and buy a new machine. It would be nice if the coil for the new machine worked on the Deus but I highly doubt that would be the case.
    XP Deus

  3. #3
    Administrator del's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    12,782
    my money is on an orx replacement thats water proof
    XP Deus Ws5 , DFX ,TDI sl -

    Click here to view my finds album

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie B View Post
    It has to be simultaneous multi-frequency to compete with Minelab. You can easily see in all the digging groups that Minelab is kicking everyone's butt in the market for detectors. I love my Deus and I own two of them so I won't be in any hurry to run out and buy a new machine. It would be nice if the coil for the new machine worked on the Deus but I highly doubt that would be the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    my money is on an orx replacement thats water proof
    Donnie, I guess we can hope for a game changer from XP. A true simultaneous multifrequency coil with just a software update needed for the controller. But I think Dan's guess is more likely closer to reality unfortunately.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

    "He who would search for pearls must dive below."

  5. #5
    Administrator del's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    12,782
    I'm glad I was wrong about this new machine , it will be interesting to see the various reviews and features .
    XP Deus Ws5 , DFX ,TDI sl -

    Click here to view my finds album

  6. #6
    Yeah me too. I might ask Mrs. Santa to hook me up with one. The only problem with that is that she will ask Mr. Santa for a $60,000 Lexus or something. Not sure I really want to spend $62,000 on a new metal detector.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

    "He who would search for pearls must dive below."

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Lodge Scent View Post
    Yeah me too. I might ask Mrs. Santa to hook me up with one. The only problem with that is that she will ask Mr. Santa for a $60,000 Lexus or something. Not sure I really want to spend $62,000 on a new metal detector.
    XP Deus

  8. #8
    Global Moderator OxShoeDrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    6,364
    Well if this is multi freq I would seriously look into it. I'm not happy with Nox's tone modulation, VDI, or front heaviness. Multi freq would vault deus to the front.
    Anyone have cost info?
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

  9. #9
    Administrator del's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    12,782
    Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    Well if this is multi freq I would seriously look into it. I'm not happy with Nox's tone modulation, VDI, or front heaviness. Multi freq would vault deus to the front.
    Anyone have cost info?
    somewhere in the neighborhood of 1,500 to 1,600 hundred dollars , Drew .
    XP Deus Ws5 , DFX ,TDI sl -

    Click here to view my finds album

  10. #10
    The full users manual is now on the XP site if anyone is interested.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

    "He who would search for pearls must dive below."

  11. #11
    Administrator del's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    12,782
    XP Deus Ws5 , DFX ,TDI sl -

    Click here to view my finds album

  12. #12
    Administrator del's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    12,782
    From a quick scanning through the manual it looks very similar to the original , the menus are a bit different (maybe better in my opinion ) but the over all part of the "FMF" (workings explained ) are vague
    XP Deus Ws5 , DFX ,TDI sl -

    Click here to view my finds album

  13. #13
    Global Moderator OxShoeDrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    6,364
    One of the issues with the Nox I mentioned above was "tone modulation," loud/shallow soft/deep(also some shaping). The Nox600 has tone mod but it's not as effective as my years old T2. Example, the other day I got a faint subtle target, which with all the large iron chirping I could have easily missed...it was a 50cent sized round copper thingy AT 2 INCHES. That thing should have screamed.

    I started watching Deus1 vids to help me decide if Deus2 might be for me.
    I see there's a setting on the Deus called "Audio Response." This, along with a more normal tone sounds (Minelab tones remain an enigma to me), might be a better fit for me.

    Also 99 VDI on Deus...I don't understand why Minelab cut the number scale in half. I still don't know if I'm digging a dime or penny.

    It's a pain the Deus2 will be $700 more than my Nox600.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

  14. #14
    Yeah it seems like XP put a lot into expanding the audio options with the Deus II. The big question for me is it better in the iron then the old Deus? Presently I work those iron patches hard with low and high frequencies. Does the FMF platform mean less hunts are needed to sniff out the goodies? Will it find stuff I missed in my pounded to death sites?
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

    "He who would search for pearls must dive below."

  15. #15
    Administrator del's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    12,782
    Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    One of the issues with the Nox I mentioned above was "tone modulation," loud/shallow soft/deep(also some shaping). The Nox600 has tone mod but it's not as effective as my years old T2. Example, the other day I got a faint subtle target, which with all the large iron chirping I could have easily missed...it was a 50cent sized round copper thingy AT 2 INCHES. That thing should have screamed.

    I started watching Deus1 vids to help me decide if Deus2 might be for me.
    I see there's a setting on the Deus called "Audio Response." This, along with a more normal tone sounds (Minelab tones remain an enigma to me), might be a better fit for me.

    Also 99 VDI on Deus...I don't understand why Minelab cut the number scale in half. I still don't know if I'm digging a dime or penny.

    It's a pain the Deus2 will be $700 more than my Nox600.
    good points Drew , the Deus does have a 0 to 99 vdi scale but almost all from 0 to 30 will be in the iron area so your scale is really from 31 to 99 so it is compressed as well . Shotgun shells (i hate them the most ) can signal from the 60's to high 80's , most will sound super shallow or even "double hit" on the machine but many of the deeper sounding ones you have to dig . the deus has some great features and the longer you use it the more the subtleties forms of discrimination you understand .
    XP Deus Ws5 , DFX ,TDI sl -

    Click here to view my finds album

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •