Thread: Five yes 5 firsts for me this morning, still taking it in...........

Five yes 5 firsts for me this morning, still taking it in...........

Went to a place that myself and a couple of great hunting friends have hit before. A small back yard next to some old lots we have burned everything out of the ground with the minelabs. I learned what my detector was telling me today, went to school in other words. That very high pitched silver tone is unmistakable hunting like has been defined here many times. Well on to the finds..... My first barber quarter, 2 of them, a silver nickel, a merc and a rosie, 11 pennies and 4 dimes. No wheatsthinkingabout:? We got em all I think but this stuff was hiding My first silver was squealing silver but had something else going on. My TID was blipping all over but I isolated it. There were 4 coins in the hole. 2 dimes and a penny then below them about 2 inches and a slight amount to the side was the Rosie. I was getting it in the short slow movement but would hit the others also within an inch. There was a copper pipe running through the dang side of the hole!!!!!!! Got the merc and another dime and penny out of the another hole close by also. All kinds of stuff goin on with other metal too. The highest pitch tone and being repeatable made me dig it. Anyway my first multiple silver day. My first barber quarter X 2, My first silver nickel, my first coins in the 1800's, my first time with my detector set up this way! I'm going back about 3pm today after a nap....
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Wishin I was a dirt fishin!

Re: Five yes 5 firsts for me this morning, still taking it in...........

That was a awesome hunt!! Congrats on the two barber quarters & that shield nickle looks sweet too... thumbsup01

Elite Member

Nice!!!!!!
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

Wow... very nice hunt!! Congrats.

A couple of questions for you...

What Minelab machine are you swinging?
    What new settings did you adopt?

I'm still waiting for that moment when everything comes together for me like it has for you.

Very nice coins you recovered.

All I can say is WOW Nice hunt and congrats on both of them Barber beauties and a stellar Shield Nickel I bet you are in with your machine lol
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Very nice hunt, congrats on all of the firsts!
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

Awesome hunt, Jack. Those are really some very sweet finds. I would have been smiling from ear to ear. lol Congrats!

Got in 40 minutes this afternoon before the mosquitoes killed me totally. I was sprayed down very well too. When you are breathing them in about every 10th breath it's time to go. Anyway I didn't dig a single wheat out of this place this morning. Have dug 22 in the last couple of hunts there. I dug 8 wheats this afternoon 3 pennies and 1 dime, no silver. Go figure! This place is about as big as 3 parking places and the more I turn around in circles hunting it back and forth different directions the more that is being detected. I'm barely moving the coil this afternoon and studying very hard any high peep. Most of the wheats were in virtually nulled out spots this afternoon. The same thing this morning, heavily nulled out broken high peeps got my attention. Can't wait for it to rain and get cooler. The fun part about where I'm hunting is sometime in the not so distant future. This whole city block will be scraped and new construction began. No telling what will come out of the ground by then.

Here's a few of the from the field pics from this morning. I had a couple more but forgot to save em on the phone or something. Nice sandy soil.....

That is incredible!!! Congratulations!!!
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

I too hope to someday reach the point you've reached with your ET.
    Love the Shield nickel and of course the 2 Barber quarters are outstanding also !!
    Sweet hunt, sweet finds!! thumbsup01
    Congrats
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Hey Jack nice finds <: I bet this is how you felt when you saw those barbers <: Congratulations bud I hope you keep popping that silver, I know you love it! Joe & Candi told me you were digging the heck out of some coins somewhere over, there way to go Talk to ya soon.

LP

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar

From the land of the Bluenose.....congrats on all the firsts. A place is never truely hunted out as you ahve proved!
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

Woo hoo! Congrats to you! I have yet to find a Barber quarter myself... I bet you had sweet dreams of pulling those out of the ground during your nap lol Or were you even able to sleep...

Good luck after they start tearing things down and scraping!
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

Awesome finds. Don't know if my heart could take it. But it sure would be worth finding out. <:
    Minelab ETrac,Whites BH-ID, Fisher F2, Vibraprobe PP,Bullseye II PP.