Thread: A nice surprise

Threaded View

Elite Member

A nice surprise

Wisconsin weather has turned again and is cold, windy and drizzly but still detectable. I was planning a closer hunt but changed my mind in route to an even closer hunt (about 7 miles away). Usually little to no chance of silver here but it does pop up once in a while. Started with all clad and decided to hunt the baseball field near the outfield fence. Was quite fortunate to find a Rosie on the inside of the fence and a Mercury just outside of the fence. Figured that was as good as it could get and headed back to my car across the baseball field. I dug a signal that usually turns out to be a wheatie but when I dug it I saw a bigger silver disc. It was smooth so I figured it was one of those electrical box knockouts. I flipped it over and saw a Mercury stuck to the back and so I looked closer at the bigger disc. It is my new "most worn" Barber quarter (1895), what a pleasant surprise. Can't do much better than that luck on a crappy weather day. Wisconsin Digger Lost my Camera and the backup does not want to focus very well but you can make out the Barber.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes