Thread: Spring Curse Going Strong/ D2 Comments

Threaded View

Spring Curse Going Strong/ D2 Comments

It's been three weeks since I found that GW button with its associated hex. As the curse goes on, the button shows more and more detail (pic below). I think it's as good as its going to get so I expect the curse to end any day now. In the mean time, attached is what I've managed to find. The smiley face was found yesterday with the D2. Just in the last two days I've made strides in finding the correct settings.
    About the D2...yesterday was the first day I can say it probably out-performed my previous detectors. Nearing the end of my hunt I crossed the road to a four acre field I've hit for the last 10 years...and certain spots produce better than others. I tried a particular slope that I'VE GRIDDED in the past with multiple machines and in all soil conditions. I've always used 11in coils as there isn't much iron, and the name of the game is depth. On that little slope the D2 found all the items pictured in the face pic WITH A 9IN COIL, and in about 45min. Who knows, maybe the soil was extra giving, or the planets aligned perfectly, but it seemed like a positive outcome.
    The D2 is a joy to swing, and if it performs this well then my following comments don't matter...but here goes the annoying stuff-

HEAD PHONES-
    Hurt my ears.
    Can't be worn with eye glasses.
    Allows ambient noise in.
    Uses a 15 yr old charging cord.
    Have to take off to set volume.
    Ears will freeze in winter.

CONTROL BOX-
    Screen WAY too small.
    Screen info is not intuitive at all.
    Any sun all but makes it invisible.
    The proprietary charging port is so small that anyone over 50 has to guess if the pins line up, and I don't really know IF they have to line up as the manual says nothing about it.
    When charging the coil, box, and phones you have to take the box off the detector because all three cords are connected and don't reach.
    All three items to be charged are connect to the same cord.
    Very difficult to attach box to the rod, and the plastic pins that make the attachment look like they'll soon break.
    It does come with a safety string so WHEN the box falls off in the woods you won't lose it. The manual says nothing about this string. I had to guess what it was for.

COIL-
    Can NOT be submerged unless you attach an elaborate wire.
    Only has about 7-8 hours a charge. I'm guessing the multi-freq really drains it.
    The charging clip is VERY difficult to open wide enough to get it on the coil.

RODS-
    Feet DO NOT REACH THE GROUND!!!!!!! I can't understand this. Why put feet on if they're useless. Everyone is buying after-market feet but I'll just lay it down sideways.

Manual-
    NO INDEX.
    Charging info is vague and in the back of the book...so no quick start for you.
    More problems I just can't recall at this writing. lol

PIN POINTER-
    Instead of a normal pin pointer sound this "breaths" over targets with multiple sounds.
    You start it with one button and stop it with another button.
    I seems to begin de-tuned down to a small area. Its so small and fast you can't visualize where the target is.
    I've stopped using it all together.

HH all!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew