Thread: Buffalo Beach

Threaded View

Buffalo Beach

Earlier this year I "figured" out a beach site and started to find old coins. I have been back 3 or 4 times and have pulled more old coins but still no jewelry of any type. Below is a pic from my last hunt there and it was a very fun / weird hunt.

First thing I noticed was another detectorist there in the water. He kept to the deep sandy areas and I went to the rocky / clay bottom area with all the targets. I finally found some jewelry! a small silver chain and an old "G Man" ring that is pretty beat up. It apparently is circa 1930's and is from a radio program about Detectives. The fun and weird part I experienced was that I found 7 buffalo nickels! If I am digging nickels then gold should be there but it has eluded me so far... I am not giving up on it though. Even if I never find a gold ring it is a fun place to detect. I also found a 1951 Canadian silver dime and 9 Wheaties and a small pile of clad.

Name:  Buffalo Beach.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  97.0 KB

I think I will refer to this place as Buffalo Beach. I have found 12 buffs there so far along with a couple V niks and 8 silver coins.

Thanks for looking. Jared
    Last edited by Bucknut; 09-15-2022 at 12:50 PM.
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)