Thread: Impressive coin spill

Threaded View

Impressive coin spill

My D2 was shouting iron grunts and 90, all ways. The XY screen showed a combination of ferrous ad non-ferrous. I dug what I thought was an ox shoe or some such. I immediately saw the large cent. I was bummed as I couldn't believe my program was telling me large iron when it was a LC. Scanned again with pinpointer and found a bit of the iron pocketbook. I was relieved that my detector was correct. Then I kept pinpointing, more iron, ANOTHER COIN! Then more, on each one I took a picture thinking there couldn't be any more...then there was! The icing on the cake is they're all in wonderful condition!!! I always thought what it would have been like to carry coins around in those years, how you'd have to carry LCs and small cents, I didn't realize how similar 1/2 dimes were to trimes!
    Amazingly, the flying eagle came out the best at a site I saw 6 literal EAGLES playing with each other, landing on trees, flying around me, and the last picture is a HUGE fish head and backbone they must have dropped!
    1851 Large Cent
    1857 Flying Eagle
    1852 Seated Dime
    1853 Seated Half Dime (arrows)
    1853 Trime
    1854 Trime
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    Last edited by OxShoeDrew; 12-10-2022 at 05:56 PM.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew