Thread: First hunt with the Equinox 900

First hunt with the Equinox 900

Went to the local beach for the initial field trial. Found the usual clad and sparkler wires and a couple nails. Also found an interesting finger accessory.....not sure if it's purely decorative or also a self defense item.... Name:  IMG_6247.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  74.2 KBName:  IMG_6249.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  66.1 KBName:  IMG_6250.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  134.5 KBName:  IMG_6251.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  101.6 KBName:  IMG_6252.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  100.8 KB

I wonder what that thing is...and didn't realize coins are still a thing at the beach. Did you use a lower numbered Nox before the 900? Congrats and best wishes with it.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

I've seen those rings in movies...vampire movies!!!! They use the point to puncture the skin and then drink the blood! Yikes, you better be careful!
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Hi - I made the leap from the ACE 250..... I have a way to go learning the ox, but right out of the box I could tell that it was picking up deep targets amid the trash, particularly the dimes. This beach gets hunted by others so I didn't think I'd find much.

Congrats on the first finds and the new machine. Hope it helps you find lots of treasure!
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

Elite Member
    The Nox is especially good in the sand as the depth can be amazing. Nice recoveries and good luck with the Nox I am sure you will be pleaeed. WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Nice finds!

FYI: Finger armor as those rings are called, are almost purely decorative, although some of them would be quite damaging in a fight. My better half wears them and I can attest to the fact that even though most are cheaply made they are quite expensive. There's a few on the market made from sterling that tend to be better quality and far more expensive, some are a lot heavier duty, and a very few are even made to be actual weapons if used in a fight, although they are often illegal. My girl had one set for her left hand that was more gauntlet as it was attached across the knuckles, covered the fingers and thumb, back of the hand, and had 1 inch razor sharp knife blades at the fingertips. (Yeah, that one was very expensive and the first one to get stolen)

Side note: We also found out while filing the police report how messed up our laws are here. Weapons grade finger armor can get a wearer (if used in a fight) up to 7 years in prison. If you use a gun, likely get less than 2 years. So just keep it in mind your local laws if you find one of the more weaponized ones and have it on you. Possession (These, brass knuckles, blackjacks, etc) often gets far more time than a concealed firearm...go figure
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!