Thread: Best GOLD Day!

Talking Best GOLD Day!

I had a fantastic week of detecting local beaches! There are 3 beaches that I detected each day this week and it was a lot of fun. Below is a pic of all the junk jewelry I found this week. What is not seen is the amount of trash I also dug. There is a tungsten ring in there that I’m keeping…all the rest I will discard.

Name:  junk.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  75.9 KB

Here is a pic of all the 925 silver that I found. Included is my first Pandora silver ring. The day before I found a fake gold Pandora ring so it was nice to find a real one.

Name:  925.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  99.5 KB

The nickels below are from Buffalo beach. The V nik was buried in the clay which helped preserve it I think...its a 1901.

Name:  niks.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  80.4 KB

Today I detected Buffalo beach and for the first 3 hours I found bottle cap after bottle cap. I was getting frustrated and I decided to head to the sections of the beach where I had found old coins in previous hunts. I soon got a perfect bottle cap signal (35 on the Nox900) only an inch deep or so and in my scoop was a 14K men's wedding ring! I was so excited! I kept at it for another hour and came across a sketchy 23 signal and I had another gold in the scoop!

Name:  2golds.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  95.6 KB

The second one is interesting in that it is marked 625 which (per google) is likely pre 1930's and made in England. Being 625 it is 15k gold. I have never seen a 15k gold ring before. Unfortunately the stone is no longer in it.

Name:  15k.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  87.4 KB

Today was my best gold day I have had.

I used both the Manticore and Nox900 for these hunts in Beach mode.

Thanks for looking!
    Jared
    Last edited by Bucknut; 07-09-2023 at 06:09 AM.
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

AMAZING, JARED!!! Buffalo Beach must have been cherry picked at some point, before you started digging all the old low conductors? You must have had some long days there!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Got some great gold there as well as coins!
    Minelab Manticore / SPECTRA V3i, Pro-Pointer II. Lesche Digger.
    Oldest Copper: 1694 William & Mary Halfpenny. Oldest Silver: 1663 1-Reale
    Cob.

My Album

Elite Member
    Congrats on all the recoveries. Can't remember the last time I found gold but I am not a dig all guy as it takes a toll on me. Great finds. WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Huge congrats on the double gold day! Wow, that was an amazing hunt. The silver rings are nice too. I had never heard of .625 or 15K gold before.

Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Those are some great finds, and the rare old gold is always a great sight in the scoop. Congrats!
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!

That's a sweet haul Jared!
    Wow!
    Congrats!
    If you can make out what those hallmarks are, you'll be able to tell who made it, where they made it, and the year it was made!!! I love English hallmarks!!
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Awesome finds! Congratulations on all that precious metal too!
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Makes me want to jump in the water. WTG Jared!
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Waterproof Pinpointer, CTX3030 with 6,11,17" coils.