Thread: Best GOLD Day!

Threaded View

Talking Best GOLD Day!

I had a fantastic week of detecting local beaches! There are 3 beaches that I detected each day this week and it was a lot of fun. Below is a pic of all the junk jewelry I found this week. What is not seen is the amount of trash I also dug. There is a tungsten ring in there that I’m keeping…all the rest I will discard.

Name:  junk.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  75.9 KB

Here is a pic of all the 925 silver that I found. Included is my first Pandora silver ring. The day before I found a fake gold Pandora ring so it was nice to find a real one.

Name:  925.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  99.5 KB

The nickels below are from Buffalo beach. The V nik was buried in the clay which helped preserve it I think...its a 1901.

Name:  niks.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  80.4 KB

Today I detected Buffalo beach and for the first 3 hours I found bottle cap after bottle cap. I was getting frustrated and I decided to head to the sections of the beach where I had found old coins in previous hunts. I soon got a perfect bottle cap signal (35 on the Nox900) only an inch deep or so and in my scoop was a 14K men's wedding ring! I was so excited! I kept at it for another hour and came across a sketchy 23 signal and I had another gold in the scoop!

Name:  2golds.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  95.6 KB

The second one is interesting in that it is marked 625 which (per google) is likely pre 1930's and made in England. Being 625 it is 15k gold. I have never seen a 15k gold ring before. Unfortunately the stone is no longer in it.

Name:  15k.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  87.4 KB

Today was my best gold day I have had.

I used both the Manticore and Nox900 for these hunts in Beach mode.

Thanks for looking!
    Jared
    Last edited by Bucknut; 07-09-2023 at 06:09 AM.
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)