Quote Originally Posted by fyrffytr1 View Post
Our hunting comes in spurts down here.We start mid January after deer season closes and hunt until crops are planted between March and May. Then we are out of the fields until Harvest which starts late July through the end of September, Once we get back in we can only hunt until the start of deer season which is around the middle of October. When we can't hunt the planted fields we will go to the creek and sift for Native American artifacts if it is below 3.5 feet. any higher and we can't reach the holes in the bottom.I did make three bucket list finds this year.First was a model 1808 militia shoulder belt plate, then a civil war Republican Guard coat button and finally a Native American egg stone. I also recovered an 1838 seated liberty dime in very good condition and a 1789 Spanish half reale in worn condition. I may get in a couple more hunts at fields the hunters don't use but we could use some rain to make the signals pop.
Must be nice! When you're out hunting in January us Northerners are more worried about using our detectors to find our vehicles in the snow bank after the plows come through!