Thread: Nokta AccuPoint Pinpointer

Nokta AccuPoint Pinpointer

Hi all,

I bought the Nokta Accupoint pinpointer and it came on Saturday. Tested it out yesterday and here is my review of it. For the record, I do like my Garrett Carrot, but the falsing on it when I set it down has started to annoy me.

1. It has 9 settings as far as sensitivity. I had it on 8 of 9 (almost all the way sensitive). I found it to be very accurate and thought I could find items a bit easier than with the carrot. I will test it on 9 of 9 against the carrots highest setting with actual deep targets in the ground when I get on those barely audible signals.

2. Has the same settings as carrot with vibrate, vibrate/noise or just noise. It is loud (I didn't play with the volume yet for I mostly used in vibrate mode).

3. this is why I bought it and frankly it is a bit weird. I don't get into too many square nails in WI like you guys out East/South, but this pinpointer does discriminate between ferrous and non-ferrous. I thought it would be great to have for when you get the bent nail or a deeper square nail that sounds like a penny signal. Here is the good and bad. When you cut the plug and have the discrimination on, it is a bit frustrating when you cannot find the darn signal. It is a bit of a different signal and I am still learning this, so I am assuming that once I get the hang of it, I will like it more and more.

4. No falsing and that was worth the money to me.

Will be using this the next few hunts. I think the price tag was $140.00. Will give you more thoughts in a few weeks.

Darryl
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Waterproof Pinpointer, CTX3030 with 6,11,17" coils.

Thanks, Darryl...so interesting. I've have my own issues with pin pointers. I've tried many, lost one, found one ...so a different perspective is helpful to me. Look forward to your next post on this issue.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew