Thread: Amazing finds on Wisconsin road trip with Tim and Jeff!

Threaded View

Amazing finds on Wisconsin road trip with Tim and Jeff!

Hi Friends,
    This weekend I made the 6-hour journey to meet with Tim (Ill_Digger) and Jeff (Fire Fighter 43) in Wisconsin for some amazing detecting at an 1842 Church and its many acres of grounds. The weather was cool and crisp but not too cold. It wasn't long before everyone had a silver coin in their pouch (even though this place has been detected many times before by others).
    My first bucket list item was a flying eagle cent (no date) from about 6 inches deep. I was on cloud 9 after that! A short while later I got a very faint high tone about 10 inches deep. The soil there is that rich, black soil that cuts like butter when you dig your plug. The signal disappeared and I couldn't find it anywhere! I happen to look down and there was a little black coin right next to my knee. I must have flipped it out and not even realized it. I was so surprised to see it was a Civil War store card (token) and it was in great shape. Another bucket list find!
    Later in the day I got a penny signal down deep and when I cut the plug and scooped out some dirt, I could see a big button down in the hole. I was so happy to see that eagle and shield on the domed front! Another bucket list item! Three in one day, what a great trip! Special thanks to Tim and Jeff for helping set this up and especially to Jeff for sharing such an amazing permission with us. Thanks for looking and happy digging! Dave.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger