Thread: Maybe I shouldn't be so skeptical

Maybe I shouldn't be so skeptical

For you Deus 2 users.....I had to laugh when I dug that 1827 Matron. I was in Sensitive Full Tones and had dug 5 or 6 .22 casings etc. All mid tone finds. After a while I decided to make a Tone bin from 71 to 88 and put the volume at zero to eliminate any falsing, just relax a bit and maybe pick out a faint high tone. I made the change and I hadn't walked 10 feet when I got a weak high tone with VDIs in the 90's. Of course I didn't believe it and even after I circled the target and still got 90's poking through, I still wasn't buying it. But there it was at the bottom of the hole. Then I had to wait another 30 minutes before I got another high tone (small odd shaped brass buckle).

Interestingly, besides the surprise of that deep copper from this pounded site, I was getting a lot of mid tone targets. Becasue I was just wanting to focus on high tones, I left the mid tones in the ground. I am sure many of them were 22s and small lead, but there were some that I am sure are buttons. Save them for another day. What got my attention was that I heard that many mid tones. I had hunted it heavy in General Full Tones in the past and pulled a lot of mid tone targets but never hit it hard with Sensitive Full tones until today. Not sure if it was just using Sensitive FT that made those mid conductors pop, or maybe that tone bin helped them pop as well, or both. I'll sort that out next time.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

I've decided this was not a fluke. I've been using Sensitive Full Tones, creating a tone bin from 73 to 88 and setting the volume of that bin to zero. The idea was to eliminate the constant iron falsing at certain iron laden sites, but knowing that I could miss some targets that fall in that 73 to 88 range. I've been pleasantly surprised to find some high conductors using this method. The mid conductors really pop out. Be prepared to dig a lot buttons as well as 22 casings. But the big surprise has been the high conductors that I've been able to hear because they aren't competing with the falsing iron squeeks. Today I was at my most pounded site. It's just 5 minutes from my house, so I have been there a million times over the years. I dug a Barber dime today. I was amazed there was a high conductor still left at this site. But at 40 kHz and with the falsing tamed with the tone bin, I was able to hear that high tone come through. It wasn't deep. Maybe 3-4 inches. Disc at 6.8, Reactivity 1.5 and swing slow.

Very interesting settings. I have been running negative discrimination in two different custom five tone programs.
    XP Deus

Donnie B, I've run negative disc in the past with Full Tones and I swear it helps with the falsing. Not sure I've tried it with multi tones.......but I will !