Thread: Hello From White Plains, New York!

Hello From White Plains, New York!

Hello everyone! I'm Terry and I started detecting in 1976, for gold nuggets in Arizona. I had bad PTSD when I got out of the Army, and a friend suggested metal detecting to calm and relax me. It worked! Today I'm the President of Metal Detectors 4 Veterans, Inc.( MD4V.org ), a 501c3 charitable organization that supplies metal detectors to financially insecure veterans suffering from PTSD and related conditions.

I have been lucky enough to find quite a few relics from the Revolutionary War era here in White Plains, and really enjoy holding history in my hands. Also an avid beach detector. Looking forward to sharing some finds and seeing yours!
    Name:  a16.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  61.8 KB

Welcome to our Forum! I served 24 years in the USAF and also find detecting to be very calming. We have lots of cool finds that get posted on here and lots of very knowledgeable people to help ID finds. Best wishes and happy digging, Dave.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Hello Terry and welcome to the forum! I have heard about your organization some years ago when I heard about veterans not only needing the equipment, but mentors as well to help them learn the sport and maybe even become hunting partners locally. I had sent an email to the reply address listed but never heard back so guessing there probably wasn't a need in my area. Although I have less free time now, I'm still open to the idea. Still, I thank you for your service and applaud your work.
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!

Welcome, Terry! I remember all your cool finds over the years on other forums. I'm glad you found us!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Good to have you Terry. Looking forward to your posts. I have a buddy that did tours in Kosovo and Afghanastan. When he got out, detecting really helped him cope when things got tough.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Welcome sir, great group of guys here, I'm north of you in NYS.
    Machines: Whites MXT / Tesoro Eldorado / Garrett Ace 350 / Equinox 800

Thank You All for the warm Welcome! - Terry