Hi all,

Thought I'd quickly share 3 top finds from yesterday at a historical tavern site in northeastern VT which has produced some amazing finds for my friends and I over the past 2 years. This site is not on any map, and I've posted some other finds of mine from this location on the forum here during that time. Yesterday we went back - there's always some goodies still lurking there despite 99% of the clean mid/high tones gone at this point. To my amazement while going extra slow in the thick iron, I dug not one, but two USA continental army buttons from the Rev. War. The great thing is, this site was the home/tavern of a Rev. War veteran and very influential early Vermonter from Scotland. So while one can never truly know with dug items like these, I'm 99% positive these were his buttons which add a great degree of provenance to these items.

To top it off, while I've found numerous Reales in varying denominations over the years, I dug only my second true half pistareen/1 Reale near the buttons! It's dated 1738 with a Seville, Spain mint mark - so over the moon with that find also. It also has two etch marks on the face, so not sure what that was about. I can use my imagination and say these are two crossed swords, but who knows! I also dug 4 coppers and about 6 or 7 other plain tombac/flat buttons, but those pale in comparison to the finds shown here so I'm not bothering to show those. Thanks so much for looking!

John

Name:  IMG_6828.jpeg
Views: 70
Size:  80.9 KB