Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts On Found Ring

Re: Thoughts On Found Ring

Quote Originally Posted by angellionel View Post
    So you are still going to have me pulling my hair, of which I don't have any by the way? rofl

I will give some other sites a try, though I think at this point that having someone from an auction house dealing in antiques take a look at the ring itself may perhaps be the way to go.
    It would be nice to at least know what kind of stone it is??
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    It would be nice to at least know what kind of stone it is??
    Yeah, I would like to know that too. I was hoping that the close-up photo of the stone I submitted would be of help, but there were no comments about the stone at all.

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    Hmmm. I don't buy it lol Not one bit of it rofl I'm not sure the construction of the ring matches the age bracket they gave. I think it's just a wild guess on their part, but hey what do I know
    I don't buy it either George I don't think it's a good wild guess. Keep trying Angel
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

i'm skeptical too about the time frame Angel well its at the very least looks early 1800's plus i think we can carry this topic a few more pages atleast . lol lol lol
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    I don't buy it either George I don't think it's a good wild guess. Keep trying Angel
    I guess it is back on the ride I go. rofl

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    i'm skeptical too about the time frame Angel well its at the very least looks early 1800's plus i think we can carry this topic a few more pages atleast . lol lol lol
    Yeah, another three pages wouldn't hurt. lol

I think the key may be in identifying the mark inside the band. There must be a record of such markings somewhere.

Can you make a carbon rub of the stamping?
    From The Pacific Northwest to Orange County...
    White's XLT, Ace 250 - 2010 YTD $4.28

Quote Originally Posted by Stang1968 View Post
    Can you make a carbon rub of the stamping?
    I haven't, but it is a good idea. It may allow for a better view of the marking.

they probably didn't comment on the stone cuz prehistoric dirt crystals lodged in the crevice of the setting detract from the actual stone itself rofl ya gotta clean your finds you lazy bum! before ya send pics to the likes of sotheby's or the London museum of natural history! get with the program dude! just kiddin man..awesome ring!
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

Quote Originally Posted by HEAVYMETALNUT View Post
    they probably didn't comment on the stone cuz prehistoric dirt crystals lodged in the crevice of the setting detract from the actual stone itself rofl ya gotta clean your finds you lazy bum! before ya send pics to the likes of sotheby's or the London museum of natural history! get with the program dude! just kiddin man..awesome ring!
    Yeah, I know. lol Actually, though, they were great about it, and they even shared the photos among the different departments they have in an attempt to identify the ring. I did provide them with a photo showing that it was a found ring, as I am sure they see plenty of those from UK detectorists. I haven't contacted Sotheby's, so that might be my next stop. lol

Cough... happydance02
    Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - Deus

Veteran Member

maybe marcvs could help us out ..looks anglican to me . and old
    im an american proud and free, a son of the south dont tread on me

Dont know how I ended up this post but that is one incredable ring you have there. My thoughts, and have I seen rings of that nature well yes I have (the history channel) congrats Angel. You deserve it, after you showed me some things on the DFX I have pulled so many great things. It truth very much in your debt, if you reap what you sow you definitly deserve this one...

Looks like some of the Roman jewelry found in England. I can't imagine how it got here, but if I were you, I'd send some pictures to someone who is an expert in Roman jewelry, perhaps a museum curator.

I don't know how old it is or where it came from but my gut feeling is that you have something pretty special in that ring. If i'm wrong about it you still have one very cool ring and it's GOLD. Congrats on the ring I like it alot. |)

I've looked at this post several times and the ring is still fascinating to look at. So old and soooooo many questions.
    There has got to be someone out there that knows something about it.

If I found this one, the curiosity of it's origin would absolutely be eating me alive.

Hopefully we'll get some answers as time goes on. :->

I have already tried an online vintage ring resource and two British museums, and even they have drawn a blank. lol For now I'm just glad to have the 22k gold ring.

Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - Deus

Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Golden Sabre II, Tesoro Cutlass II µMax, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro pointer
    Oldest coin, 1732 King George II Halfpenny

Roman? or greek? might just be missing a toga and some leather sandles

i take it theres still no answer! the mystry continues. willy