Thread: An overlooked feature of the CTX 3030

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

An overlooked feature of the CTX 3030

This is one great feature of the CTX 3030, updatable. Here is a link to the firmware updates for the CTX. I downloaded the updated Exchange 2 plugged the CTX in and it prompted me to a new firmware update. Less than 10 minutes it was complete.
    The best new feature is the locking pinpoint trigger. Minelab hit the nail on the head with this feature. Oh, by the way it was FREE.
    http://www.minelab.com/usa/consumer/...article=117012

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Candidate Member

Re: An overlooked feature of the CTX 3030

I agree a great feature of the CTX 3030. This is the reason i purchased the machine. The ability to receive future updates. Minelab seems to be hearing the users ideas and bringing them to life via the updates. The machine is simply awesome. I've been detecting over 20 years and this machine is the best i've ever used.

Earl

Minelab CTX 3030, Whites spectra V3i, Garrett propointer, Oldest coin 1785 connecticut copper and a 1821 capped bust quarter

What a great feature. It is very nice to see that Minelab does not charge for firmware updates. This is the way it should be. After all, new firmware does not equal a new detector. Even better that it is a simple do-it-yourself procedure. You don't have to send it back to the factory. They even chose to call it by the same name The CTX 3030, Imagine that. lol
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

Yes, it was a simple and quick update. Oh yeah, did I mention it was FREE. I remember when I updated my Vision to the V3i and it cost me with shipping some where in the area of $150 and I had to go without it for a couple of weeks. Nice job Minelab.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

I agree,minelab had a good gameplan with the ctx....just by listening.
    CTX 3030,E trac,T2 SE