Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Record Breaking Silver Weekend

Record Breaking Silver Weekend

This weekend was the best I have had this year detecting with the E-Trac as far as silver quantity, a total of 48 silver coins - 19 on Saturday and 29 on Sunday. I worked two very trashy parks to get them. I had to deal with numerous surface targets like aluminum screw caps, but it was well worth the effort.

Saturday - 19 Silver Coins

I still had an area I needed to work at a park I have been hitting these past few weekends, so Saturday I made the trip and worked the trashy section for about six hours. I ended up with 19 silver coins - 11 dimes and 8 quarters. I also picked up an assortment of other cool finds as well as the usual clad coins.

This 1916-D Barber quarter deserves a photo of her own.

The 8 silver quarters, dated 1916-D, 19??, 1941-D, 1942, 1942-D, 1952-S, 1959-D, and 1964. I did give the Standing Liberty quarter a 'love tap'.

The 11 silver dimes, dated 1918, 1936-D, 1940, 1942, 1942, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1952-D, 1952-D, and 1958.

Indian Head cents always make for exciting finds.

This 1933 Mexican 5 centavos is just slightly smaller than a U.S. half dollar.

A nice and heavy silver ring.

I dug up plenty of wheat cents too, some dated in the teens.

The rest of the finds, a marble championship medallion, a good luck pendant, and a good luck token.

Sunday - 29 Silver Coins

This time I headed to another park I had hit once last year. I did find several silver coins then. The park is incredibly trashy though. The aluminum screw caps in particular are a pain, and though for the most part I can make them out by their broken warbled high-pitched tone, they do still fool me on occasion. The park is layered with them, making me work much harder for the silver.

After eight hours though I had managed to walk away with 29 silver coins. This breaks my one day March 4th record of 21 silver coins. I should mention that Epi-hunter did push me to reach for 30 once I had 21 silver coins. She must know someone.

Here are the 13 quarters, dated 1902, 19??, 1937, 1942, 1942-D, 1943-S, 1944, 1948, 1950, 1950-D, 1954, 1954-S, and 1962-D.

And the 16 silver dimes, dated 1917-S, 1929, 1935, 1936, 1936-D, 1937, 1939, 1940, 1941, 1942, 1943, 1944, 1950, 1952, 1956, and 1959.

There were other finds, like the 1847 large cent, a bit corroded, but still a nice find, a watch fob, a sterling silver pendant, and several wheat cents.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

HH!

Re: Record Breaking Silver Weekend

When Angel goes out, it's like he has a time machine and turns it back to the days right before detectors came out! Fantastic hunt. Thanks for sharing!

Which one of your detectors did you take out to find all this loot?

My fav is the Marble Tournament medal.

Regards, Ken
    Minelab E-Trac, stock coil

Angel... very nice job on your record breaking weekend.

You have mastered the trade and these kinds of results come from doing just that.

The numbers you hit today are what many of us want for a season.

p.s. I have no other choice but to give my wife your email address when I have to try to explain to her why I need to buy yet another metal detector next year. ....... or should I wait for Etrac II?

Good GOD!! I was happy with 2 silvers over 2 weekends until I drooled on my keyboard looking at this post. Big Congrats, you are the man!!!!
    White's Spectra V3i "update", MXT, Prizm V, and Sun Ray Invader DX-1.
    Coils: stock 950 on MXT; 10" DD, Super 12, 950 Eclipse, and 4x6 DD Eclipse Shooter for the V3.

"The only person who never made a mistake never did anything!!"

Veteran Member

Unbelievable!

you are the master of getting around trash! i dont think it would be possible to do that with a dfx(myself anyway) thats why i think minelab has a edge plus a outstanding hunter behind it. congrats 29 wow!! willy

Simply fantastic. Congratulations on mastering this hobby.

I like the marble championship metal too.
    I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by kenfen View Post
    When Angel goes out, it's like he has a time machine and turns it back to the days right before detectors came out! Fantastic hunt. Thanks for sharing!

Which one of your detectors did you take out to find all this loot?

My fav is the Marble Tournament medal.

Regards, Ken
    Actually, that would be a smorgasbord of finds if we could go back in time with our current machines. I have been using the E-Trac for all of my land hunts.

Quote Originally Posted by jkress View Post

Angel... very nice job on your record breaking weekend.

You have mastered the trade and these kinds of results come from doing just that.

The numbers you hit today are what many of us want for a season.

p.s. I have no other choice but to give my wife your email address when I have to try to explain to her why I need to buy yet another metal detector next year. ....... or should I wait for Etrac II?
    I would love to head to Iowa for some park hunting, but now I'm not sure if I will be able to make it this year. It would be great to get together, that's for sure.

I don't think your wife will buy your story or mine. I haven't kept up with the latest news on the newer machines to come out, but if there is an E-Trac II I have to wonder what could have been improved other than the cosmetic features.

Quote Originally Posted by wild willy View Post
    you are the master of getting around trash! i dont think it would be possible to do that with a dfx(myself anyway) thats why i think minelab has a edge plus a outstanding hunter behind it. congrats 29 wow!! willy
    It helps to be able to use the latest technology. Thanks, Willy!

Quote Originally Posted by Lowjiber View Post
    Simply fantastic. Congratulations on mastering this hobby.

I like the marble championship metal too.
    Thank you , John! I do like that medallion. I should have taken a photo of the back too. It is a neat find.

Quote Originally Posted by angellionel View Post
    She must know someone.
    Yes I know someone. I know you You just needed a push. You stopped just shy of 30 because you didn't want me to be right.

Simply amazing finds. You truly have mastered this hobby.

I do like the marble shooting token (and everything else in the rest of the finds section )

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    Yes I know someone. I know you You just needed a push. You stopped just shy of 30 because you didn't want me to be right.

Simply amazing finds. You truly have mastered this hobby.

I do like the marble shooting token (and everything else in the rest of the finds section )
    Just a push you say. I still have the welts on my back. I did try hard for 30.

Thank you, Angie!

All I can say is thank God you moved from the parks close to me Now maybe I can try that 12 Sunray coil I bought in peace Great job Angel and that must be a super trashy park to be hiding some of those Washingtons and Roosevelts that should have been found a long time ago. I can't believe I'm thinking it is a good thing that people are slobs and throw their trash on the ground, but I guess it has kept these coins from being found. That puts a boost in your silver count. Nice other finds too, but that copper is toast

I'm lost for words, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Minelab E-Trac, Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Tesoro Cortes

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    All I can say is thank God you moved from the parks close to me Now maybe I can try that 12 Sunray coil I bought in peace Great job Angel and that must be a super trashy park to be hiding some of those Washingtons and Roosevelts that should have been found a long time ago. I can't believe I'm thinking it is a good thing that people are slobs and throw their trash on the ground, but I guess it has kept these coins from being found. That puts a boost in your silver count. Nice other finds too, but that copper is toast

Oh yeah, the two parks are very trashy, especially the one I worked on Sunday. You cannot move the coil without it sounding off, and not just with the low tones of pull tabs and other lower conductive targets. The site is highly littered with those troublesome aluminum screw caps which give a high-pitched tone. I did have a slight headache by the end of the day. There must have been some major partying going on over the years at those parks.

It was actually easier to pick out the tones of the silver dimes than that of the silver quarters. Perhaps because of their smaller signature it allows the machine to get a better lock on them in between the trash. Most of the coins were actually no deeper than six or seven inches, but the masking effect of all that trash has kept them well-hidden.

Very well done, simply amazing! I have tried some old trashy park sections in the past and literlly dug everything and not got anywhere
    near those results. It isthe thrill of the hunt that makes this such a great hobby!
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

I think Grand Master fits you better.. That sounds like a park I've been hunting the only difference is after 6 hours all I came home with is the screwcaps.. Awesome finds & Congratulations..

You've done so well this year Angel, that it sometime is hard to come up with a new compliment... so in this one... the only thing I can say is... SPEACHLESS

Wow.

Just wow.

That's nearly as much silver as I have found all year!

Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Sovereign GT - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV - Tesoro Compadre
    Oldest find - 1804 Draped Bust Half Cent

Elite Member

As always...WOW!

I am actually glad to see that you dig those darn screw tops too, makes me feel better about myself. I think I need to start recycling them for scrap value, could pay off my e-trac in about a week!
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

Wow that's a lot of silver! WTG! I think that if I were out for 14 hours over a weekend, by the time I came back my wife would've filed for a divorce!

can ya smell 1,000 yet? I BET YOU CAN! holy crap! that's all i gotta say!