Thread: Beat Up Rosie

Beat Up Rosie

I got out for a short time yesterday evening; with the early sunset now there are less options for where to go in the evening. I was only hoping for a buck or two in clad but (which I got) but I got lucky and scored a beat up Rosie too. Nothing great but I'll take silver any way I can get it.

Happy hunting!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Sovereign GT - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV - Tesoro Compadre
    Oldest find - 1804 Draped Bust Half Cent

Re: Beat Up Rosie

Yep, he's beat up all right. If you didn't make those scratches, that means you succeeded where another failed. I have dug coins scratched by other hunters, and I consider them a trophy!

Congrats!
    Minelab E-Trac, Sunray X-1 probe
    White's SM2
    White's SM PI pro

Check out my treasure hunting videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSilverFiend

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Si...03270629825473

http://www.thesilverfiend.com

No, those aren't my scratches. I was suprised when I tried to dig the plug because under about 3 of soil was nothing but coarse gravel. I flipped the turf off and the dime was a few more inches down in the gravel. I'm guessing it got ground around in the rocks somehow.
    Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Sovereign GT - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV - Tesoro Compadre
    Oldest find - 1804 Draped Bust Half Cent

Hey, silver is silver! There's no way you made those scratches. It looks like it was caught in a heavy blade at some point, like a mower.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

I've seen plenty of those types of scratches on silver dimes I've dug up. I suspect the culprit to be someone probing for the find with a screwdriver or something similar. Nice find either way.

With the price of silver that has to be about a 2 dollar dime lol Nice that you got some silver when you least expected it.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Quote Originally Posted by z118 View Post
    with the early sunset now there are less options for where to go in the evening.
    Happy hunting!
    I hear you there. Not much time left at the end of the work day. Once we move the clocks around... morning hunts will be a little more doable.

Nice hit on the rosie! Congrats Z.