Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Huntwith Catskillcomics and Del

Huntwith Catskillcomics and Del

Scott drove out our way and we went a copper hunting lol Dan and I had some sites picked out, but they started out being very stingy. First site I got an Indian and a couple of other relics. It was a new hole to us and was hit fairly hard, so we moved on to an area that had at least 6 or 7 holes. I managed a V nickel and then another Indian. Finally I was able to let out the copper cry Yahooooo. lol Got a Draped Bust from under a rock. Wandered down to another section and got a John C. Fremont token. thought it was a rare Washington token, but NO Just a presedential campaign token from 1856. Some buttons, someone's front door lock lol, and other odds and ends, and lots of junk! Had a great time Scott, Aaron couldn't make it this time, but we thought of him for a minute...ok more like 10 seconds lol After all there were relics to be saved.
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Re: Huntwith Catskillcomics and Del

very nice G! sweet draped bust.what's that W on her face? very cool token!
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

That is an awesome looking copper! She is beautiful! Sweet hunt! I bet you had Scott working hard too. lol

very nice hunt george! willy

It was once again, great fun meeting up with Dan & George.. two all around good guys, Ok, maybe not George rofl
    I certainly was struggling trying to find targets, but I do enjoy cellar hunting, I found a few things here and there, but the last hour I found probably my best finds.
    I found 6 buttons all together, 2 were pewter, 1 is a civil war cuff button (which George did a great job cleaning it up for me) a large colonial button, and finally landed a 1847 Large Cent.
    Once I get the colonial button & Large cent cleaned up, I'll repost those

Thanks again guys.. I'm wishing I lived closer to do that more often with you guys.. but I will come out again when you want , Mickey D's will be on me next time
    Equipment: Garrett AT Pro

Here's my cleaned up version of the LC

yes you couldn't of asked for better weather to detect in as it was a perfect fall day here in Connecticut.the finds were tough and you had to work hard for them because no site gave up to much , they were all very stingey .great coppers George the draped came out better than you ex pected huh and is an early one too thumbsup01 the campaign medal is very cool but i;ve never heard of him so i take it he never made the big league lol rofl . congrats on the finds buddy .George was lucky Scott found that coin as we were seriously thinking of ways to dispose of a body and dividing up the loot if he found one more coin. lol rofl rofl Scott is alot of fun to detect with he has a great sense of humor and we enjoyed alot of laughs and i thought i even saw what looked like a victory celebration dance <: when he found that large cent lol lol . i was a very long day (i'm still sore) but you finish up very strong , congrats on the large cent and cuff button and thanks for comming out with us to relic hunt.

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Veteran Member

Fantastic hunt guys That V nickel and draped bust LC are beautiful
    Oldest: 1755 Spanish silver; 1800 half dime | 1842 seated half | 1857 seated quarter | 516 silver coins in 2011!

WOW, you guys really found some nice stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by catskillcomics View Post
    Here's my cleaned up version of the LC
    very nice finds! them 2 guys are alright! always nice to bump elbows and catch ticks with those 2
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

Here's the cleaned up colonial button.. came out OK, thanks again to George for the cleaning advice (regardless what Dan says) rofl

that Dandy button came out nice thumbsup01
    thanks again to George for the cleaning advice (regardless what Dan says) rofl
    Scott if i didn't see him clean that button with my own two eyes , i would of sworn his wife did such a good job on it . lol rofl hey i gave ya a coin in that display to hone up on your reseaching skills , you should be able to get a variety on which kind it is ( i'm pretty confident theres enough detail on it ) i never got around on looking it up it was going to be a winter project of mine . good luck and let us know when you figured it out .
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by HEAVYMETALNUT View Post
    very nice G! sweet draped bust.what's that W on her face? very cool token!
    That W is what I call colonial grafitti Must have been real paranoid with his cash or just bored. Either way he ruined my Draped Bust lol
    Quote Originally Posted by wild willy View Post
    very nice hunt george! willy
    Quote Originally Posted by sniffy View Post
    WOW, you guys really found some nice stuff!
    Thanks guys, we worked our tails off
    Quote Originally Posted by randy View Post
    Fantastic hunt guys That V nickel and draped bust LC are beautiful
    Thanks Randy, the Draped Bust looked very pitted, but cleaned up better than I tought it would. The V turned out real nice. The soil there is sorta kind to most targets.
    Quote Originally Posted by angellionel View Post
    That is an awesome looking copper! She is beautiful! Sweet hunt! I bet you had Scott working hard too. lol
    We definitely had Scott working hard rofl We all felt the pains of marching through the woods, swinging a machine all day long We were out there a long, long time 8/
    Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    great coppers George the draped came out better than you ex pected huh .George was lucky Scott found that coin as we were seriously thinking of ways to dispose of a body and dividing up the loot if he found one more coin.
    Yep the Draped was a nice surprise. And I had to hold back my ET , so that I could live another day rofl I may have to plant some coins for you DFX'ers next time

Here's the cleaned up colonial button.. came out OK, thanks again to George for the cleaning advice (regardless what Dan says) rofl
    Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    that Dandy button came out nice thumbsup01
    Scott if i didn't see him clean that button with my own two eyes , i would of sworn his wife did such a good job on it . lol
    Thanks Scott for the kind words!! And you Dan....well let's just say I will be charging you to clean your finds from now on lol

Very nice guys, wish i could've made it. I had a dinner to goto with my wife's work....what a bunch! Anyway, I hope to make it next trip. Those LC's are really, really nice..What a draped bust too! Sounds like it was well worth the time spent!

So I got a 10 second mention huh? Better than a moment of silence......
    And now the metal detectorist pledge.
    "I pledge to do my honor, to do my best AND seriously investigate ALL deep signals!"

Minelab SE (Is there really any other manufacturer?) 2011 totals = 24 silver coins, 3 LC,1 war of 1812 artillary button , 1 token, 6 IH pennies, 1 2 cent piece

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyguy View Post
    So I got a 10 second mention huh? Better than a moment of silence......
    rofl Yeah, we were only gonna give you seven seconds, but we felt bad, so you got ten After all we only had about 12 hours of hunting time

Veteran Member

Very cool finds. You guys have it so great out east!

Very cool finds as usual!

Too bad about that 'colonial graffiti'
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Elite Member

Thems some great finds.....kinda jealous..no very jealous...you jinxed me for the weeked lol You can read all about it when I have time to clean up some of the stuff I found. But you guys had some great finds, love that large cent...even with a W on it...oh wait, that one was meant for me...see I already had my initials on it! lol
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

Quote Originally Posted by zrickkid View Post
    Very cool finds. You guys have it so great out east!
    Thanks, we pay dearly for it the next morning lol

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    Very cool finds as usual!

Too bad about that 'colonial graffiti'
    Thanks Angie, I guess the carved W puts a personal touch to it. Since I don't sell any of my finds, I don't really care about the lost value.

Quote Originally Posted by RobW View Post
    Thems some great finds.....kinda jealous..no very jealous...you jinxed me for the weeked lol You can read all about it when I have time to clean up some of the stuff I found. But you guys had some great finds, love that large cent...even with a W on it...oh wait, that one was meant for me...see I already had my initials on it! lol
    Rob, what are we gonna do with you You get a great spot and jinx yourself lol Now had the Draped Bust had a R on it, I may have given it back to you, along with one of these for carving it in the first place lol