Thread: Short Hunt With 1147silver

Short Hunt With 1147silver

I met up with Steve (1147silver) very early this morning to hit two sites he had selected. We spent about two hours detecting at the first site where I picked up several wheat cents, an Indian Head cent, and a mercury dime. After that Steve suggested we head to the second site, but once there we found that we were digging some deep clad and aluminum screw caps. It appeared that the site had been layered with newer soil at some point, but we still worked it for about 40 minutes or so. We then tried to hit another site, but once there Steve received a call and had to leave. Just when we were getting warmed up. lol There was a common not far from the site so I headed there and detected for about two hours and picked up a 1905 Barber dime, three Indian Head cents, an old Eagle on Cannon Artillery button, and several old wheat cents.

Thanks for the invite, Steve! It was a pleasure to meet you and to detect together.

Here are today's finds.

These were from another hunt this past weekend. The Barber dime is dated 1906-S

HH!

Veteran Member

Re: Short Hunt With 1147silver

Nice tribe there Angel (and of course silver). Too bad about the site layered over with new topsoil :bangahead01: Is that ring with the setting silver?
    Oldest: 1755 Spanish silver; 1800 half dime | 1842 seated half | 1857 seated quarter | 516 silver coins in 2011!

hey Angel very sweet finds your button is an artillery from 1808-1821 era , there usually associated with and called War of 1812 buttons . congrats on it and the very impressive coins.
    glad you got out with another member and share a park or two with Steve

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by randy View Post
    Nice tribe there Angel (and of course silver). Too bad about the site layered over with new topsoil :bangahead01: Is that ring with the setting silver?
    It is a silver ring. One of these days I'll find one with a real diamond. lol I like collecting the silver rings though.

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    hey Angel very sweet finds your button is an artillery from 1808-1821 era , there usually associated with and called War of 1812 buttons . congrats on it and the very impressive coins.
    glad you got out with another member and share a park or two with Steve

Dan
    The button is that old? I need to start paying more attention to the buttons. lol Thanks for the ID, Dan! thumbsup01

Glad you guys got out for a hunt.

Nice bunch of keepers for the day. I think my favorite is the button... very old and an awesome piece to add to your collection.

Congrats.

Very nice hunt finds, congrats on the old button, very cool piece of history!
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

Hey I think that button is midieval or ancient, possibly pre-earth rofl Oh no, maybe that was the ring Nice that you and Steve had a chance to get a short hunt in. You got some decent finds. Not a bad day at all. You have to get on the ball and start cleaning some of them finds this winter That common sure has potential
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Very nice finds, both of you

I especially like the button Angel.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

hmm! notice how angel kinda slinks over to to common. he knows whats there! SILVER DAM IT!! nice hunt bud. willy

Sounds like you two had at least a decent hunt. Any silver makes for a great hunt for me!

When I saw the title I just assumed that 1147 was the amount of silver you found.
    Minelab E-Trac, Sunray X-1 probe
    White's SM2
    White's SM PI pro

Check out my treasure hunting videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSilverFiend

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Si...03270629825473

http://www.thesilverfiend.com

I've been waiting for your newest posts... I was itchin' to see where the silver count stands.
    Nice hunting!
    From The Pacific Northwest to Orange County...
    White's XLT, Ace 250 - 2010 YTD $4.28

Some really neat finds Angel, I'd take any of it! I say you are still on track for the big 1000!!!
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

comon angel! not much time left till new years! your slackin pal! wheres the 10 silver days?
    very nice hunt and sweet button!
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeeRon View Post
    Some really neat finds Angel, I'd take any of it! I say you are still on track for the big 1000!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by HEAVYMETALNUT View Post
    comon angel! not much time left till new years! your slackin pal! wheres the 10 silver days?
    very nice hunt and sweet button!
    I don't think I'll be hitting the 1,000 mark. The time change plus not being able to detect in the late afternoon has cut into my chances quite a bit. I'll be trying out some new sites during the weekend so hopefully I may be able to add a few more pieces to the pile. Or maybe I should just be content and call it quits now. lol

Quote Originally Posted by angellionel View Post
    I don't think I'll be hitting the 1,000 mark.
    ... maybe you should cowboy up and do some water hunting again. You pulled some incredible numbers per hunt in the water this year.

Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by jkress View Post
    ... maybe you should cowboy up and do some water hunting again. You pulled some incredible numbers per hunt in the water this year.

Best of luck!
    And become a frozen prune? Cold water and I don't mix well. lol It would be nice to hit the shallow water again though.

Veteran Member

Really cool looking button. Have any pics of it all cleaned up?

Quote Originally Posted by zrickkid View Post
    Really cool looking button. Have any pics of it all cleaned up?
    I haven't cleaned it. It's in the will-get-to-it pile. lol

Quote Originally Posted by angellionel View Post
    I haven't cleaned it. It's in the will-get-to-it pile. lol

lol
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post

lol