Thread: Together Again

Together Again

Were you thinking Buck Owens, perhaps?

To accompany a Hotchkiss percussion fuse found last weekend, the mating piece of a Hotchkiss shell found yesterday. Actually the threaded insert that joined the two is missing, but my digging pard recovered part of that piece a few weeks ago. Last week's and this week's find were found something like 40-50 feet apart; my friend found two pieces of what is likely the same shell or one identical, I'm thinking part of the base cup and shell base. I found what I believe is another small frag hardly worth mentioning; again, hardly.

Gleaning the battlefield, an ongoing chore.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Re: Together Again

very interesting! nice recovery!
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

If you are lucky, you may find most of the shell. That would make a nice display.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Yeah, my pard and I are real new to this, and really haven't been using any kind of grid system to cover this area; more like we're wandering about without direction. We've got a good chunk of land to go over that may have been hunted, but if so I'd say the little rise where we've been finding items has been overlooked. My buddy has found coins, a gold gilted button, and small malformed pieces of lead, pistol ball or shot size, along with a number of shell fragments. Most finds are just a couple of inches under the surface, I guess due to the annual plowings and frost heaves.

I still have a whole lot to learn.

looks like a pretty good match to me Irregular thumbsup01 very cool to find items or relics that have been lost or broken apart for a hundered or more years and are finnally brought together again i've done this to more than a few colonial items that took months or years to get all the pieces together. again very cool .

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Thanks Dan. Colonial? I could dig that with equal enthusiasm, and hope to get that chance some day. I'm not a coin collector by any stretch, but the only ones that strike my fancy enough to buy on occasion are colonial period; recovering them or anything else from back then would be extra-sweet. There should be plenty of locations around here, but being brand new to this I've yet to figure out that access thing. I'm rather fortunate to have a friend that while also new to detectoring has some good contacts with landowners.