Thread: Two More For The Pile

Two More For The Pile

I detected late this afternoon for a little over two hours and scored with two more mercury dimes. I still had about 30 minutes to detect before darkness settled in when my alkaline batteries ran out on me. I quickly walked back to the car and then noticed that I had forgotten to bring my bag holding the spare batteries. 8/ A bit disappointed, I headed back home, but it was drizzling by then anyway, so that dried the tears. lol

The two mercury dimes bring my total to 957.

HH!

Re: Two More For The Pile

8/ Hit that 1000 will ya lol I've gotta see it done. You will have to dig in the snow if need be. rofl Nice couple of mercs Angel. And a religious medal too, who would have thought you would find any of those rofl At least the silver is still coming out of the ground. thumbsup01
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Quote Originally Posted by angellionel View Post
    I detected late this afternoon for a little over two hours and scored with two more mercury dimes. I still had about 30 minutes to detect before darkness settled in when my alkaline batteries ran out on me. I quickly walked back to the car and then noticed that I had forgotten to bring my bag holding the spare batteries. 8/ A bit disappointed, I headed back home, but it was drizzling by then anyway, so that dried the tears. lol

The two mercury dimes bring my total to 957. HH!
    Congrats on the silver as usual Angel I wish I had a dime for every religious medal you have found.

You are going to hit the four digits by year end for sure! You only need 43 more, which is only 1.387097 silver coins per day until the end of 2010 Let's hope the ground doesn't freeze, because you should have no problems finding 1.39 silver coins a day thumbsup01
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

SWEET!! Mercs are great looking coins arent they? When you hit 1k, you have to take a group photo thumbsup01
    Having fun is what it is all about!

Quote Originally Posted by pulltabsteve View Post
    When you hit 1k, you have to take a group photo thumbsup01
    Yeah, of all of us gawking, drooling and crying at the huge pile lol

Hope you make it as well.. I remember way back to early January and you started off with a bang at the park I used to see you at.. Good luck Angel.. Nice Mercs too..
    Minelab E-Trac
    Whites DFX
    Garrett Pro Pointer

I certainly hope you honor us with a photo with a big pile of silver coins at the end of this season.. I've always wanted to know what that would look like
    Equipment: Garrett AT Pro

Time to hit the lake again! You can always get a wetsuit from WallyWorld and take it back after you meet &quotUR goal!!! 8) Go man go!
    Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - Deus

Nice double Mercs!

Someone in Iowa is rooting for 1000 for you! I really hope you can pull it off... just to say I found 1000 silver coins in a season. <:

Just think... decades from now, everyone here will remember what they were doing the day Angel hit 1000.

lol ..... I'll bet the mint would issue a commemorative silver half dollar to mark the event.

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    8/ Hit that 1000 will ya lol I've gotta see it done. You will have to dig in the snow if need be. rofl Nice couple of mercs Angel. And a religious medal too, who would have thought you would find any of those rofl At least the silver is still coming out of the ground. thumbsup01
    lol

I better carry a snow melter with me to each hunt if I am to make the 1,000 during December. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    Congrats on the silver as usual Angel I wish I had a dime for every religious medal you have found.

You are going to hit the four digits by year end for sure! You only need 43 more, which is only 1.387097 silver coins per day until the end of 2010 Let's hope the ground doesn't freeze, because you should have no problems finding 1.39 silver coins a day thumbsup01
    You are killing me! lol Watch, I will end up short by 25. lol

Quote Originally Posted by pulltabsteve View Post
    SWEET!! Mercs are great looking coins arent they? When you hit 1k, you have to take a group photo thumbsup01
    Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    Yeah, of all of us gawking, drooling and crying at the huge pile lol
    I better start getting them all together. I have placed many in 2X2s.

Quote Originally Posted by bmattioli View Post
    Hope you make it as well.. I remember way back to early January and you started off with a bang at the park I used to see you at.. Good luck Angel.. Nice Mercs too..
    Yeah, January was good at that park. I have pulled quite a few silver coins from there since then.

Quote Originally Posted by catskillcomics View Post
    I certainly hope you honor us with a photo with a big pile of silver coins at the end of this season.. I've always wanted to know what that would look like
    I will try to take one. I'm curious to see what it would look like as well. The one I took on October 25th of last year only had 343 silver coins in the pile.

Quote Originally Posted by Diggler View Post
    Time to hit the lake again! You can always get a wetsuit from WallyWorld and take it back after you meet &quotUR goal!!! 8) Go man go!
    Oh no, lake detecting is over for me this year. lol I do have a wetsuit, which served me well when the water was beginning to cool, but now the cold water will shrink me like a prune. lol

Quote Originally Posted by jkress View Post
    Nice double Mercs!

Someone in Iowa is rooting for 1000 for you! I really hope you can pull it off... just to say I found 1000 silver coins in a season. <:

Just think... decades from now, everyone here will remember what they were doing the day Angel hit 1000.

lol ..... I'll bet the mint would issue a commemorative silver half dollar to mark the event.
    Thanks, Joe! thumbsup01 I think I better make it or I will have to head to Canada. lol

I just pee'ed my pants when I saw that pix from last year, you have almost 3 times that this year!! Whatever the number turns out this year, it is simply frigg'n amazing!!
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeeRon View Post
    I just pee'ed my pants when I saw that pix from last year, you have almost 3 times that this year!! Whatever the number turns out this year, it is simply frigg'n amazing!!
    He is being required to take all the silver out of the 2x2's because a photo is needed
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    He is being required to take all the silver out of the 2x2's because a photo is needed
    I second that Let the silvers run free lol

I better order many more 2X2's then. lol

yes, yes, yes... group photos.