Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Howdy all y'all

Re: Howdy all y'all

Nice to se you here also RJ. thumbsup01 At least here we don't have to edit our selves when we want to talk about another brand .. 8)
    Today is my day

Welcome from snowy northern California. It is 7 degrees outside.
    Tomorrow should be a great day, provided nothing stops me from preventing it from not happening.

Thanks everyone!

It's nice to see a lot of familiar faces.

Haven't been detecting in a bit... just got back from hunting. The only thing I brought back was the 1/8 long mesquite thorn tip that I just dug out of my thumb. OUCH. I hope to get out early Sunday morning to one of my favorite tot lots.

Raymond

PS: A day of bad hunting still beats a good day in the city. There's nothing like hiking in the woods and getting back in nature.
    If you're ever around Dallas and want to do some treasure hunting give me a shout!

woot ! lets have a pic of that AR you built !
    If at first you don't succeed, get the Government to Bail you out !

Welcome to the forum from the frozen corn fields of Illinois !
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

back at ya RJ,and careful with that BB gun, dont want to put somebody's eye out
    Sacramento California
    V3i DFX MXT
    Excalibur II

RJ, great to have you here!! Your AR-15 project sounds interesting!!
    I live my life one target at a time
    since '68

Thanks!

Nice to see a bunch of familiar faces here.

It weighs in right at 7lbs. I used the Cavalry Arms composite lower, a flat top upper, and a DPMS 5.56 Carbine barrel and Magpul handguards. I have $520 in the rifle, minus mags but it took me about 1 1/2 years of shopping to put it together and get the prices that low.

I did the assembly of the lower parts kit with supervision of my gunsmith friend... then put the upper together myself (installed the follow through, eject port door, etc...) but did cheat and buy the bolt/carrier fully assembled. The barrel assembly came with the front sight assembled and my friend helped me mount the barrel to the upper and install the gas tube. I finished it up by snapping the handguards on.

The rifle will be for plinking targets, pigs, and varmints... and won't be gageted to death. No lasers, lights, or other junk on it... just a simple rifle.

It'll be a gunsafe queen for a couple of months though. We're schedule to close on another house on Friday... next comes building a workshop and moving.
    If you're ever around Dallas and want to do some treasure hunting give me a shout!

Howdy R.J.!
    Sure is great to have you over here. What with the shenanigans elsewhere I figure there will be a negative impact on sales of machines from that particular manufacturer. I wouldn't want to be a dealer in coming months. I was going to buy another machine in the next few weeks, and now anticipate shopping elsewhere when it comes time to lay money on the table.

But I digress! Welcome to this wonderful forum. I figured I must'a responded to this thread, but discovered to my chagrin that I hadn't chimed in so here it is! Welcome aboard.

Ya know... I believe I've seen you post more over here since the kerfuffle than I've seen you post in many a moon! Glad you decided to share some of your time with us on American Detectorist. Huzzah.

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Quarters = 123
    Nickels = 60
    Dimes = 104
    Pennies = 246
    Half Dollars =
    Dollar Coins = 3
    Total Coins = 535
    Gold Sale 2/5/13 = $25.50
    YTD = $73.21

Its Going to be a Shpadoinkle Day!

Gunning for Gold!

Hey Ray, how small this universe is at all. lol TNX for the welcome. Same to you.