Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Goal Achieved - 1,000th Silver Coin

Goal Achieved - 1,000th Silver Coin

I just couldn't wait for the weekend to try and pick up a few more silver coins before the year ends, so I took the afternoon to detect at the same park I had been hitting recently. The park has a very trashy section, so I worked that area first in the hopes of picking up a modern silver coin or two. I did better, digging up three Roosevelt silver dimes, dated 1947-D, 1956, and 1964-D, all three were no deeper than five inches. Now I needed just one more silver coin to make the 1,000 mark (without counting the wartime silver nickels).

At this point I moved out to the field that had yielded several old coins during the past few hunts. There weren't many targets, but after a while I had what sounded like a silver coin, though the tone was a bit odd. A silver dime on edge or a clad quarter I thought. I was hoping for a Barber or seated coin, even a mercury dime, but what a surprise it was to see another Roosevelt dime in the dirt pile.

My 1,000th silver coin of the year - a 1957 Roosevelt dime.

Never during all my detecting years have I been so happy about finding Roosevelt dimes. lol

This one was a very sweet surprise - a vintage sterling silver cufflink.

Now I can just relax. It has been a great year!

I wish everyone a successful and very happy new year!

HH!

Re: Goal Achieved - 1,000th Silver Coin

WOOHOO!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS on the 1K I really like those cufflinks

[move][size=36pt][size=36pt]AWESOME[/move]
    Having fun is what it is all about!

CONGRATS, Angel. 1K is a lifetime achievement for some. But in 1 year
    What's on tap for 2011 - 2K?? Words can't say how happy I am for you. This is a monumental achievement. There's still 7 more days til the end of the year. Maybe a few more? Again Congratulations
    Metal Detector, Inline Pinpointer, 6th Sense

Quote Originally Posted by pulltabsteve View Post
    WOOHOO!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS on the 1K I really like those cufflinks

[move][size=36pt][size=36pt]AWESOME[/move]
    Thanks, Steve! I really like the cufflink too. It's the first sterling silver one I have found this year.

Quote Originally Posted by midas View Post
    CONGRATS, Angel. 1K is a lifetime achievement for some. But in 1 year
    What's on tap for 2011 - 2K?? Words can't say how happy I am for you. This is a monumental achievement. There's still 7 more days til the end of the year. Maybe a few more? Again Congratulations
    Hey John! Thanks! thumbsup01 I may still get out this weekend, but at least now it will be a relaxing hunt if I do so. lol Next year I plan to take it easy and just detect for whatever comes my way. Now I can go back to all the sites I've hit this year and see if I can pick up the lower conductive targets. I may even hit the shore more often Thanks again! thumbsup01

Way to go Angel! That is just an astounding feat of Metal detecting on your part. Congratulations on a year of detecting that was just phenomenal. Man that must be one huge pile of Silver.
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

thumbsup01 I really dont think that there is any word in our dictionary that can define your feeling - well done!

-PP
    Garrett ACE 250 - Whites Bullseye - 9 x 12" Coil

Very well done sir... <:

I think everyone here knew you were going to hit 1000 without counting the nickels.

Now let me address the fact that you found 1000 silver coins in one season, the best I can..... ...

Great job man!

Congratulations and well deserved now you can relax....until January 1.
    Psalms 24:1 ¶ The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!
    Member Dayton Diggers CTX 3030- Minelab E-Trac

click here to view my finds album

Angel, there really are no words adequate to say what an incredible accomplishment this is. All from hunted out public parks!! I am so happy for you!!!

Thank you for sharing the journey with me. I did not doubt for a second that you would do it.

I would love to see a photo of all those coins together! <:
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

well i guess i can take that jackhammer back to Taylor rental now and that roll of 1952 silver rosevelt dimes i purchased earlier today from the coin shop as you won't be needing them . lol lol
    seriously though Angel i had no doubt you'd make the millinium mark in the silver department , an outragious accomplishment even for a skilled detectorist sir . you are truely an amazingly gifted detectorist ....

or an Alien from another planet lol lol rofl
    congratulations on an incredible year Angel.

lets see all the silver loot
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Wooohooo!!! Congrats Angel!!! Words can't say just how amazing of a feat that is! Now... I want to see what a thousand coins pile of silver looks like!!! Put up that pic!
    CTX 3030, Garrett Propointer
    2013 Silver count: 27
    2012 Silver count: 30
    2011 Silver count: 58
    2010 Silver count: 77

Angel,

You have accomplished a goal most of us only dream of.

Thanks for your inspiration and letting us join in your quest.

Wishing you continued success next year.

Best Wishes.

Jack

Sweet!!!!! I knew you had it in you. lol Congrats on an unimaginable amount of silver in one season. But you sound like a guy that just retired You still have a couple of good seasons left in ya lol I bet you will enjoy your hunt if you go out this weekend. A well deserved standing ovation is given
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    A well deserved standing ovation is given
    Here, here....

Quote Originally Posted by CyberSage View Post
    Way to go Angel! That is just an astounding feat of Metal detecting on your part. Congratulations on a year of detecting that was just phenomenal. Man that must be one huge pile of Silver.
    Thank you, Jack! Honestly, I did not think I would be able to reach 400 this year, never mind a 1,000, but it happened, and it was a thrilling ride.

Quote Originally Posted by ProPointer View Post
    thumbsup01 I really dont think that there is any word in our dictionary that can define your feeling - well done!

-PP
    Thanks PP!

Quote Originally Posted by jkress View Post
    Very well done sir... <:

I think everyone here knew you were going to hit 1000 without counting the nickels.

Now let me address the fact that you found 1000 silver coins in one season, the best I can..... ...

Great job man!
    I am still in shock actually. I am certain that this is something I won't ever accomplish again, so I will definitely treasure the moment. Thank you for the continued encouragement Joe. thumbsup01

Quote Originally Posted by Bell-Two View Post
    Congratulations and well deserved now you can relax....until January 1.
    Thank you BT! I think next year will be a fun one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    Angel, there really are no words adequate to say what an incredible accomplishment this is. All from hunted out public parks!! I am so happy for you!!!

Thank you for sharing the journey with me. I did not doubt for a second that you would do it.

I would love to see a photo of all those coins together! <:
    Thank you Angie. You have been a great source of encouragement. Even when I did not think it possible, you believed that it could be done. Thank you for your friendship, and for not allowing me to let up. It truly has been a fun ride we shared.

I will try to take several photos in the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    well i guess i can take that jackhammer back to Taylor rental now and that roll of 1952 silver rosevelt dimes i purchased earlier today from the coin shop as you won't be needing them . lol lol
    seriously though Angel i had no doubt you'd make the millinium mark in the silver department , an outragious accomplishment even for a skilled detectorist sir . you are truely an amazingly gifted detectorist ....

or an Alien from another planet lol lol rofl
    congratulations on an incredible year Angel.

lets see all the silver loot
    lol lol The jackhammer would have come in handy during a few of those hunts. lol Thank you Dan! thumbsup01

Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Wooohooo!!! Congrats Angel!!! Words can't say just how amazing of a feat that is! Now... I want to see what a thousand coins pile of silver looks like!!! Put up that pic!
    I am curious to see what they all look like pile up together. I do wish you much success in your hunts this coming year!

Quote Originally Posted by Detect-OR View Post
    Angel,

You have accomplished a goal most of us only dream of.

Thanks for your inspiration and letting us join in your quest.

Wishing you continued success next year.

Best Wishes.

Jack
    Thank you Jack! I truly appreciate it.

Sweet!!!!! I knew you had it in you. lol Congrats on an unimaginable amount of silver in one season. But you sound like a guy that just retired You still have a couple of good seasons left in ya lol I bet you will enjoy your hunt if you go out this weekend. A well deserved standing ovation is given
    Yes, retired. lol I think next year I will concentrate on finding other types of old coins as well as gold, though I will never pass up silver. There are several members who I believe next year will have triple digit silver coin finds. It will be fun reading about the hunts and seeing the great finds being made.

Thank you for always being a source of encouragement as well George!

awesome bro!! i new you could do it. i gotta hook up with a couple of you guys next year. willy

Congrats Angel!! thumbsup01 That '57 that got you to 1000 deserves a display case of its own.
    E-Trac, X-1
    Sovereign GT, S-1
    Ace 250

Quote Originally Posted by BHNugget View Post
    Congrats Angel!! thumbsup01 That '57 that got you to 1000 deserves a display case of its own.
    Yeah, but does he remember the first silver coin he found this year? lol
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar

From the land of th Bluenose....millstone big time. Awesome me bouy!
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

Quote Originally Posted by wild willy View Post
    awesome bro!! i new you could do it. i gotta hook up with a couple of you guys next year. willy
    Thanks Willy! We definitely need to get together next year.

Quote Originally Posted by BHNugget View Post
    I think you are right. It will be one I will remember for years to come. Thank you BH!

Yeah, but does he remember the first silver coin he found this year? lol
    I sure do remember! lol It was the 1892-S Barber Quarter.

http://www.americandetectorist.com/f...hp?topic=757.0

http://www.americandetectorist.com/f...hp?topic=813.0

Quote Originally Posted by leslie(nova scotia) View Post
    From the land of th Bluenose....millstone big time. Awesome me bouy!
    Thank you, Les! thumbsup01