Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Goal Achieved - 1,000th Silver Coin

Veteran Member

Re: Goal Achieved - 1,000th Silver Coin

Congrats Angel <: <: <: <:

It was alot of fun spectating all year.
    Oldest: 1755 Spanish silver; 1800 half dime | 1842 seated half | 1857 seated quarter | 516 silver coins in 2011!

Taa-daa , drum roll + fireworks thumbsup01 thumbsup01 <: You did it !! Congratulations . Gonna' go out and get a few more before the year ends ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stang1968 View Post
    Way to go! That's phenomenal. I can't wait for the yearly re-cap similar to last years- You'll need to make it a 5 part post instead of just the two!
    I was thinking of doing something similar as last year's summary post, but I may have to limit the photos to a select few per page. Thanks, Stang! thumbsup01

Quote Originally Posted by randy View Post
    Congrats Angel <: <: <: <:

It was alot of fun spectating all year.
    Thanks, Randy! I definitely had a lot of fun this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbooty View Post
    Taa-daa , drum roll + fireworks thumbsup01 thumbsup01 <: You did it !! Congratulations . Gonna' go out and get a few more before the year ends ?
    lol Thank you Sheik! I was hoping to try to find a few more before the year ends, but it looks like the snow we just had will cancel out such plans. I barely made it as it is. lol

That's great for you. For us it is good and bad. Knowing this can be achieved is amazing.....knowing the the system is so depleted is bad.

Great job Angel; you are an MD olympian!
    And now the metal detectorist pledge.
    "I pledge to do my honor, to do my best AND seriously investigate ALL deep signals!"

Minelab SE (Is there really any other manufacturer?) 2011 totals = 24 silver coins, 3 LC,1 war of 1812 artillary button , 1 token, 6 IH pennies, 1 2 cent piece

Just wanted to give you my WooHoo, as well... Cannot even imagine what that must be like ending the year witrh over 1000's silvers.....INCREDIBLE....

I am, by the way, thrilled that you chose to honor my request for a 57' Rosie to be your 1000th coin...

That makes two of us (for sure) that will remember that incredible accomplishment and the coin that did it!!!
    <:

I think you should try to find a few more in the next few days. Nevermind all that snow...
    From The Pacific Northwest to Orange County...
    White's XLT, Ace 250 - 2010 YTD $4.28

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyguy View Post
    That's great for you. For us it is good and bad. Knowing this can be achieved is amazing.....knowing the the system is so depleted is bad.

Great job Angel; you are an MD olympian!
    Thanks Aaron. There are many sites where silver coins still hide in the trashier areas of parks and similar grounds. Those who are patient enough when working such sites will be able to rescue many of those coins.

Quote Originally Posted by exsquid View Post
    Just wanted to give you my WooHoo, as well... Cannot even imagine what that must be like ending the year witrh over 1000's silvers.....INCREDIBLE....

I am, by the way, thrilled that you chose to honor my request for a 57' Rosie to be your 1000th coin...

That makes two of us (for sure) that will remember that incredible accomplishment and the coin that did it!!!
    <:
    Thank you, Larry! That '57 Rosie was a complete surprise to me as I was not expecting to find one from the particular area I was working. But silver is silver. Yeah, that is one Roosevelt dime I will always remember. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Stang1968 View Post
    I think you should try to find a few more in the next few days. Nevermind all that snow...
    I would love to find a few more before the year ends. The snow is not a motivator though. lol

At the rate I'm goin' it'll be 2032 and I'll posting about my 1000th silver coin
    That's truly a inhuman feet !! thumbsup01
    You are one with the E-Trac
    Big Congrats Angel !!!
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Wow!!!! awesome year of hunting Angel, it don't get much better that that

Awesome would be a understatement WTG
    Today is my day