Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just bought an E-Trac..

Just bought an E-Trac..

Well my search is over for a good deal on an E-Trac.. Catskillcomics (Scott) was kind enough to let me in on a lead on a barely used one from a nice gent.. We talked for awhile this morning and struck a deal. Can't wait to give it a spin.. Hopefully I'll be posting some deep Silver finds..

Bruce
    Minelab E-Trac
    Whites DFX
    Garrett Pro Pointer

Re: Just bought an E-Trac..

Congratulations on your new machine! Have fun and happy hunting with it.

Congrats Bruce! You will love the machine, even if at first it seems to be speaking like R2-D2. lol Learn the language, and you will do very well with the machine. thumbsup01

Congratulations Bruce!!! I have a friend with one and have used it a few times. They're very nice.

Enjoy!!!!
    I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

Glad to see you finally pulled the trigger on the Etrac Bruce! I think once you get to learn its language you are going to love it! You will definately notice an improvement in depth over the DFX. thumbsup01

Most excellent! You're going to be in silver heaven now!
    [move]White’s MXT Minelab E-Trac Oldest coin: 1875 Indian Head Cent Oldest Silver Coin: 1886 Seated Liberty Dime[/move]

Don't listen to them, That machine is no good!! lol lol Ok maybe it's cause you live too close to me and I don't need the competition We'll have to get together and hit a park. We could ask Angel to come too, but he has to promise only to dig the Wheats
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

et to Bruce another one falls for the minelab

congrats on your [s]defection[/s] purchase Bruce , seriously though i hope you pick it up real quick and get some soon rewards , buddy.
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

That is great Bruce, I think you will really like it! Do you have it yet? (Did you find those five mercs with it today??)
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Hey Bruce, the Etac is a fantastic detector and one that you will never outgrow, it just grows better the more you use it like a fine wine.

You finally did it Bruce, congrats you'll love it when you get used to it. thumbsup01

[move][size=1t]The E-trac Is Awesome when you finally get used to it. Trust Me!!![/move]
    E-Trac, Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium.

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    That is great Bruce, I think you will really like it! Do you have it yet? (Did you find those five mercs with it today??)
    No Angie they were found with my DFX. The E-Trac will be here by mid week. Should be decent but cold this weekend and I'll be out there..
    Minelab E-Trac
    Whites DFX
    Garrett Pro Pointer

Well, it's here all set up and ready to go. Can't wait for the weekend. Many spots to revisit and look for the deep Silver. Cindy might never see me again..

Minelab E-Trac
    Whites DFX
    Garrett Pro Pointer

GL!
    [move]White’s MXT Minelab E-Trac Oldest coin: 1875 Indian Head Cent Oldest Silver Coin: 1886 Seated Liberty Dime[/move]

Quote Originally Posted by bmattioli View Post
    Well, it's here all set up and ready to go. Can't wait for the weekend. Many spots to revisit and look for the deep Silver. Cindy might never see me again..
    Good luck. Just remember to go slower that usual. I call it hovering. Don't be afraid to use auto +3 for sensitivity when you first start out. Believe it or not, it goes pretty deep and keeps falsing to a minimum. And with the E Trac, discrimination doesn't kill you on depth like some other brands do. God, I feel like an overprotective mother watching her kid learn to drive lol lol Come on Angel, some tips for the man
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Good luck Bruce... looking forward to hearing the report after you use the E-trac Have you done any testing with it yet?
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1

Good Luck Bruce. Slow and Easy thumbsup01
    E-Trac, Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium.

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    Good luck Bruce... looking forward to hearing the report after you use the E-trac Have you done any testing with it yet?
    Weathers been very nice but as usual I had to work. Did checkout the new tones I'll be hearing and read the manual, well somewhat.. I'm a hands on learner and need to spend time with it in the parks. First impression is this machine is quite different than a Whites. I can not wait to see how it does tomorrow if the weather holds out.

Thanks for the tips George.... any tips or help for an E-Trac newbie is welcomed..
    Minelab E-Trac
    Whites DFX
    Garrett Pro Pointer

Read the E-Trac threads!

What settings/program are you using?