Thread: Watch your change

Watch your change

keep an eye on your pocket change....ya never know what might be there.. thumbsup01

Rare coins fetching top dollars

Re: Watch your change

Thats funny, I had just finished reading this story when I saw your post.

OK, that has to be the dumbest story I have ever seen. The premiss is that you might have valuable coins in your change, but they are talking about 1795 penny?
    Minelab E-Trac, Sunray X-1 probe
    White's SM2
    White's SM PI pro

Check out my treasure hunting videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSilverFiend

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Si...03270629825473

http://www.thesilverfiend.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jason in Enid View Post
    OK, that has to be the dumbest story I have ever seen. The premiss is that you might have valuable coins in your change, but they are talking about 1795 penny?
    Shows how close I read the whole story...with the lincoln pennies pictured I thought it was a 1975 reeded edge lincoln error coin they were talking about which theoritically could show in your change. The chances of a 1795 one would be very rare indeed.

All that I find in my piggy bank are stinkin zincolns lol But if someone wants to give me a million for one of those, I'm game
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Wow.. being a coin collector, I can tell you that is written from the dreamers perspective. Just like so many people have a Buffalo nickle or a Morgan dollar and think 'Wow..this is old it MUST be valuable.' Not true. Most are worth little more than either a buck or two or the precious metal spot price. It has to be RARE or sought after. Those coins are not likely to be found in a piggy bank or pocket change. RickO
    Spectra V3, DFX, Surf Dual PI, Surf Pro, GMT, TDI, DX-1, Coiltek, Pistol Probe, Bullseye, Hot Shot coil, Spider Coil, 4x6 coil, 14 DD, D2, some others... Garrett Wall Detector

I've been getting some 60s coins but nothing much older so some one is getting into collections.as far as real valuable stuff not my luck.that reminds me of that song -forget the name but went-all the gold in california is in the bank in someone elses name.
    knowledge that isn't passed on is wasted

nope all i pick up is the occasional wheatie

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    All that I find in my piggy bank are stinkin zincolns lol But if someone wants to give me a million for one of those, I'm game
    thats where you keep all your precious zincolns from the better cellar hunts, huh. lol
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

The rarest coin I've ever gotten from circulation would be a few war nickles here and there... I'm certainly not going to get rich selling them.
    From The Pacific Northwest to Orange County...
    White's XLT, Ace 250 - 2010 YTD $4.28