Thread: What's Up...

What's Up...

with these V rated coils? I put my 4x6 on my V today and could not pull the rx gain past 6. This is the second one that went bad and I should of kept the first one at least I could get to an rx 10 before it overloaded. It's'just plain disturbing to go out for a hunt and have to detune it to find something. If I had a hammer I think I would of smashed it.. boxed it up and sent it back. Any one else having this problem with their 4x6 or is it a curse?
    Vision*Dfx*Eagle Spectrum*GMII*
    Fisher Goldbug*Tesoro Eldorado*
    Minelab 3500*

Re: What's Up...

There so many problems with the coils on the V. I had to replace two so far. All is good now.

What 2 did you have to replace greg?
    Minelab 3500*

Quote Originally Posted by cliffy View Post
    What 2 did you have to replace greg?
    The D2 It's funny though. I don't even use that coil now. I use the nine inch concentric coil most of the time

Yea.. sounds good, I made need to check into an aftermarket small coil.
    Minelab 3500*

I mostly use the 5.3 concentric - also own the D2 and never had any problems with either one! Guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Good luck - hope ya get it worked out.

I use the 5.3.. it still is good but the dd seems to get a little better coverage for me here in the trash.
    Minelab 3500*

Veteran Member

Bummer Cliffy ..It may be the Epoxy problem , if the type they Use is thermal reactive they
    have a problem first the Coil is Cold then Hot then Cold = cracked epoxy..this might be
    some of the problems ....Send it back and let us know whats up...if they tell You.
    V3i DFX 10 DD 6x10 DD 4x6 DD DX-1

I've had a 4X6 go bad on my DFX and a D2 on my V3i...White's replaced them both, but I haven't been out much since then to give either one the true test of time...with 18+ inches of snow on the ground here in Dinaland USA, it's looking like I'll be home bound for a few months.

w.w.
    E-TRAC, V3i, DFX
    Oldest coin detected: 1854 half dollar

Bummer Cliff, but any coil can go bad.. I had a 6x10 go bad last summer and Whites just sent me a new V rated coil.. thumbsup01
    Today is my day