Thread: Nickel signals--dig ?? Or Not:huh:

Threaded View

Nickel signals--dig ?? Or Not:huh:

I was at a totlot searching for coins a few months ago, and was digging up more than my share of pulltabs that read just like a nickel on my Whites M6.
    I must have dug 60 or 70 pulltabs--and got another nickel signal at the bottom of a slide in the totlot. I almost decided NOT to dig up another pulltab. Something told me to dig it up.

I moved the woodchips with my foot where the target was and saw something not aluminum pulltab colored. I reached down and moved more woodchips and saw some gold colored links of a chain. I very slowly pulled it from the chips---- it seemed to go on forever......I thought it was 6 feet long.( It wasn't but sure seemed like it)
    After I got it out, I sat on a nearby bench just looking at it--then putting it back in my pocket----pulled it out again to look at it--put it back in my pocket....I did that about 6 or 7 times. I couldn't believe I got a gold chain. It was stamped 14K Italy on the clasp and was 24 inchs long, and weighs 17.1 grams--worth over $425.00.

And to think I almost didn't dig it up--thinking it was just another pesky pulltab.
    I brought it to 2 detector club meetings and 2 of the guys brought in their detectors to test it. It read exactly a nickel on both their detectors.

Don't want to dig pulltabs or nickelsthinkingabout: You could miss one of these.........

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Robbie
    author of "Find More Silver Coinshooting Parks and Schools" by Robbie Morin
    contributor to- Camp Logan: Houston, Texas 1917-1919-by Louis Aulbach, Linda Gorski and Robbie Morin