Thread: Virus protection question

Virus protection question

My Norton expired, And Avast expires tommorow.. Any good programs i can download for free..?
    Someday, I wanna be a vampire

Re: Virus protection question

Quote Originally Posted by Rick M View Post
    My Norton expired, And Avast expires tommorow.. Any good programs i can download for free..?
    AVG is good.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Check out the one from Comodo. I use their free firewall program on my laptop along with NOD32 antivirus, but I do use Comodo's combined firewall and antivirus on my desktop. It is actually a great alternative to the commonly know antivirus suites.

You can download their free antivirus program from HERE.

Just register Avast again.
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

I run Malwarebytes myself, and sometimes run AVG scans if I do think I have a virus. Only bad thing about AVG is that it's a resource hog if you turn on real-time protection, slows my machine down, so I turn that feature off. I did purchase a full license for M-Bytes but I ran for free for a couple of years. It has a good real time protection of it's own. I mainly let my DSL provider's filter do most of the security, and periodically sweep using AVG Free and Malwarebytes. You of course know that none of the AV software defeats the pirates bad work all by itself. I like M-bytes and AVG free(w/o the resident shield.) Do your updates though. martin

You can't beat Trend Micro, but it dees cost... You can download a 30 day free trial that is the same as you would buy. I've been using it now for about 8 years or more..
    Today is my day

I just had to renew my avast a few weeks back, I've been using it for quite a while and it's free to boot. It's rate pretty high which is surprising for a free program. Rick if you're using the full version (avast for business) then it costs though, it all depends if you use your home computer for business or not.

I never run any at all, but I don't go to those questionable sites I don't even my space or face book. Been running this computer for 3 years without problem. I used to do alot of gaming so that really slows down the computer, since I started detecting I haven't played any games since.
    MXT300 D2,950,6x10,4x6

This can't be a Toads post .................. It has 3 words in the thread title........ not just one word.........

Robbie
    author of "Find More Silver Coinshooting Parks and Schools" by Robbie Morin
    contributor to- Camp Logan: Houston, Texas 1917-1919-by Louis Aulbach, Linda Gorski and Robbie Morin

been running McAfee total protection for years never a problem and not a machine brake like AVG I never even realize its on there til it stops an attack.
    Loving my God, Being a husband and father, Detecting every chance I get!

I've always used AVG until I had problems with it on my older XP PC. I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials, also free, on both my XP and Winders 7 PC's.

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.

Lots of good suggestions Toadie - but remember ONE word ...............

UPDATE buddy! lol thumbsup01

Veteran Member

i use trend micro but it aint free......
    im an american proud and free, a son of the south dont tread on me