Thread: FYI for Clad for Kids Donors...PLEASE READ.

FYI for Clad for Kids Donors...PLEASE READ.

As many of you know, I started the Clad for Kids program two years ago with the best of intentions in mind. It was a small idea that has grown into something bigger and is very special to me and many of the forum members that have contributed to its success. We have done some really great things with the program and helped out some very special kids and families in the last two years. I'm proud to say that in the two years of doing this program we have not had a single problem with its operation or its success... Pretty rare in my book..HOWEVER, the program has hit a small speed bump this past weekend. I have always been as transparent, open, and honest with this program as I could possibly be to allow the donors access to how everything works and where the donations go via pictures and videos. I have worked hard to preserve the trust that you all have placed in me to be able to do this program. I wanted to fill you in on what this speedbump has been over the last weekend.

I, like many others who put detecting videos on Youtube have been private messaged from a fella that goes by Grizzlygroundswell on Youtube about an interview for his Temerity Magazine or possibly doing a hunt together for his websites. I admit that I don't check my messages on Youtube nearly enough, and these messages occured in December. He complimented me on the program and asked to do an interview... I had no knowledge of this till this past weekend. As I scrolled through other messages that I had not seen, he had told me that he purchased the domain rights to w ww. cladforkids.com and w ww. cladforkids.org. He has the legal right to do so since they were not purchased by me or anyone else. He offered me the chance to have him host these websites and have it affiliated with his large blog/forum/and other websites. I graciously declined. I looked into what this affiliation meant for me and the Clad for Kids program. I have always maintained this program as APOLITICAL and free of prejudgment of recipients. His websites do not follow with my APOLITICAL visions for this program...Therefore, I declined. I kindly asked him not to use the websites with the name of the program, but he has chosen to go ahead with them anyway adopting his own program with the name Clad for Kids attached. Once again, his legal right to do so...but morally questionable to me.

So, What does this mean for the future of the Clad for Kids program? I had to do some real soul searching to figure out exactly how to handle this and I have summoned the advice of friends on how to proceed. I was considering scrapping the entire program because I felt it has been soiled and I let down my donors. Thanks to some good advice and some heartfelt words by forum members... I keep in mind, not this speedbump, but the good that we have done and the smiles we have created. I want each of you to know that I value your friendship, trust, and support. So going forward I make these statements and requests...

THE WEBSITES CLADFORKIDS.COM OR CLADFORKIDS.ORG IS IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH ME, MY PROGRAM, OR MY VISION FOR THE CLAD FOR KIDS PROGRAM.

DO NOT DONATE ANYTHING TO ANY CLAD FOR KIDS PROGRAM UNLESS MY NAME IS ASSOCIATED WITH THE PROGRAM AND YOU SEE A POST FROM ME PERSONALLY.

Now, I can't force your not to, but I prefer to protect the interests of those in this hobby that have participated in the past and those that may participate in the future.

My and OUR Clad for Kids program only runs in the months before Christmas and Any other requests for donations at other times should be disregarded unless you see my name personally attached.

Once again, I don't know what the motives were of this individual to do the things on my behalf without my consent, but they are what they are... We will move on.

I want to thank each and every one of you... Those that donated...and those who have not. Your friendship, trust, and support for me during this has been appreciated more than you will ever know. Do not let this dark spot on this program bring us all down as it nearly did to me... We'll continue to do great things each year and make a difference one kid at a time.

Love you all...
    Brian
    CTX 3030, Garrett Propointer
    2013 Silver count: 27
    2012 Silver count: 30
    2011 Silver count: 58
    2010 Silver count: 77

Re: FYI for Clad for Kids Donors...PLEASE READ.

I hope you can figure a way around this. One of the best fundraisers I've ever donated to.
    White's Spectra V3i "update", MXT, Prizm V, and Sun Ray Invader DX-1.
    Coils: stock 950 on MXT; 10" DD, Super 12, 950 Eclipse, and 4x6 DD Eclipse Shooter for the V3.

"The only person who never made a mistake never did anything!!"

Another note... He has just purchased two other variations of the domain name by picking up clad4kids.com and .org for a total of 4.

Sent another pm..
    White's Spectra V3i "update", MXT, Prizm V, and Sun Ray Invader DX-1.
    Coils: stock 950 on MXT; 10" DD, Super 12, 950 Eclipse, and 4x6 DD Eclipse Shooter for the V3.

"The only person who never made a mistake never did anything!!"

No need to feel down about the speed bump. Although I wasn't aware of the program for this last Christmas... you can bet that I will be helping out for Christmas 2011.
    Whatever your official program will be.

You'll figure it out in time and it will all work out.... guarentee it. . when you do, just point me in the right direction and I would love to contribute to such a wonderful cause this year.

I can certainly understand your frustration with the whole thing... but hang in there, the smoke will clear.

Thanks folks.

If you would like to set up a website to host the Clad For Kids program I am sure there are some members on here that could help you, in internet help and to help keep up the website.

Don't let this greedy person deter you from the great work you started and want to continue in your good name and intentions.

I sent a PM.
    Robbie
    author of "Find More Silver Coinshooting Parks and Schools" by Robbie Morin
    contributor to- Camp Logan: Houston, Texas 1917-1919-by Louis Aulbach, Linda Gorski and Robbie Morin

I never had the goal of having a website or a domain for this program. The program has worked very successfully with just my activity on the forums I frequent. I always felt that a website was less intimate and opens up problems like we face today. My biggest concern through all of this is that there may be somebody that gets redirected to something that is not affiliated with me or the mission of this program. He can waste all the money he likes on trying to cause problems or to try to get people to go to his websites, but the program that I created will remain within the forums I'm associated with. He is not a true detectorist and is just another person trying to take advantage of REAL detectorists to promote his own business venture. I find it amusing that he has to pull videos from youtube from other REAL detectorists to fill his pitiful forum. (which he has the right to do..still sad) He has a donate button to try to raise money for gas to travel and detect with people... Hopefully, the only gas donation he'll recieve from any REAL detectorist will come from the split of our hind end...

Completely rots in the gutter when your ideas are stolen, no matter how legal it may be.
    Keep your chin up, Beef. We're all here for you, and you know we'll help you however we can.
    You've not only got an army on your side, you've got an army willing to stand behind you publicly.

I just noticed that this web domain is available GRIZZLYGROUNDSWELLISAJERK.com

All the best to you Brian. You make a difference in this world. Keep it up thumbsup01
    Having fun is what it is all about!

LOL... That's funny Steve!!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
    You've not only got an army on your side, you've got an army willing to stand behind you publicly.
    We love you buddy and all good you have done!!
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.