Thread: ...Arrrrrggggg....

...Arrrrrggggg....

OK, so I don't know where else to post this to get any attention, but I'm not sure it matters. Thank you to Nitro and Mel for trying to help. When I try to resize a photo in Adobe Photoshop, it resizes the photo....by clipping it so you can only see a piece of the photo. When I check my mail and go to messages sent, though I have sent several messages, it shows that I have sent none (when I sent these messages, I got the pop up: your message has been succefully sent...I'm paraphrasing all of these pop ups, cause I'm tired of chasing this tail). I have a degree in engineering, which I guess says nothing about whether I'm an idiot or not, but it does say that I can read. You have to be able to read to get these degrees. But evidently, I'm not smart enough to operate on the web site.

Re: ...Arrrrrggggg....

I use piant on the computer. It's easy

Quote Originally Posted by greg View Post
    Tell me more, Greg. You may be my last hope....

Send your pic to the paint program. open the pic. on top you will see where it has resize. Hit that. Hit pixels, change the number to around six hundred. x out of the program and it will ask you to save. I then send the pic to documents

Kimster, on the messages, are you referring to the Private Message feature? If so, you need to make sure that the Save a copy in my outbox checkbox is selected when sending a message. This will enable the saving of a copy of Private Messaged you send. However, even when not checked your messages are delivered to the noted recipient. It's just that a copy is not saved for your own records.

Kimster after i edit my pictures in the photo program (its a kodak easyshare one) i then go into the micosoft paint program thats standard in most every computer and in the opened window click on file and this opens a window with areas holding files in your computer just find your picture files and click the picture file in question . it should appear large on your screen then click on image up top and then click stretch/skew change the % percentage of each to like both 35% or both 25% depending how large the file is to begin with . it will ask you to save it as ...... after you saved it the picture should be small enough to fit . hope this wasn't to confusing. please pm me for anymore questions .
    Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Kim I use paint also,i size then 20%X20% and they seem to fit on my screen fine...If you need talked thru it,Give me a PM,be glad to help,some one else had to help me some time ago ,Dave
    Life Is Short,Make everyday Count,Go for the Gold!

Send your pic to the paint program. open the pic. on top you will see where it has resize. Hit that. Hit pixels, change the number to around six hundred. x out of the program and it will ask you to save. I then send the pic to documents
    OK. Let's try this again. tanks (and personnel carriers...old vets never die, they just get metal detectors and disappear into the sunset)...

Quote Originally Posted by angellionel View Post
    Kimster, on the messages, are you referring to the Private Message feature? If so, you need to make sure that the Save a copy in my outbox checkbox is selected when sending a message. This will enable the saving of a copy of Private Messaged you send. However, even when not checked your messages are delivered to the noted recipient. It's just that a copy is not saved for your own records.
    Oooohhhhhh...ask and ye shall receive...listen and ye shall learn...keep your mouth shut and don't look so stupid....

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    Kimster after i edit my pictures in the photo program (its a kodak easyshare one) i then go into the micosoft paint program thats standard in most every computer and in the opened window click on file and this opens a window with areas holding files in your computer just find your picture files and click the picture file in question . it should appear large on your screen then click on image up top and then click stretch/skew change the % percentage of each to like both 35% or both 25% depending how large the file is to begin with . it will ask you to save it as ...... after you saved it the picture should be small enough to fit . hope this wasn't to confusing. please pm me for anymore questions .
    Dan
    More good info. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
    Kim I use paint also,i size then 20%X20% and they seem to fit on my screen fine...If you need talked thru it,Give me a PM,be glad to help,some one else had to help me some time ago ,Dave
    Again, thank you...I need to impliment all of this good advice.

Kimster,

Sounds like you are cropping in Photoshop instead of resizing. If you want to keep Photoshop as your editing program to resize, try this...

1) Choose Image Size from the menu.

2) Have all boxes checked like this and change the Resolution to 72 if it is not.

3) Change the pixel width count to whatever your needs are.

Save the image with a slightly different name. You probably don't want to save this smaller version over your original.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by jkress View Post
    Kimster,

Sounds like you are cropping in Photoshop instead of resizing. If you want to keep Photoshop as your editing program to resize, try this...

1) Choose Image Size from the menu.

2) Have all boxes checked like this and change the Resolution to 72 if it is not.

3) Change the pixel width count to whatever your needs are.

Save the image with a slightly different name. You probably don't want to save this smaller version over your original.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks JKRESS. That was a great aid.

even easier way is to open the pic in paint,go to the image tab on top, then click on stretch skew, then change both numbers in the two box;s to 25 and save the pic..
    If at first you don't succeed, get the Government to Bail you out !

Quote Originally Posted by fastfwd View Post
    even easier way is to open the pic in paint,go to the image tab on top, then click on stretch skew, then change both box number to 25 and save the pic..
    Yup,,,that's the way I do it
    I can only please one person per day,,,today is not your day,,,tomorrow isn't looking good either.

2011 silver coins> 18,,,,13 IH,,,,2 V nickels,,,2 Shield nickels
    2010 silver coins >4,,,,the year that wasn't
    2009 silver coins> 77> 49 IHs> 15 V nickels>9 Buffs

Got it!!! <:

persistance pays off lol
    Be Safe And Happy Hunting All

Sarge

Veteran Member

Yep Me Too Greg it's very easy !!!
    V3i DFX 10 DD 6x10 DD 4x6 DD DX-1

I'm glad you got a resizer figured out Kim.. thumbsup01 thumbsup01 I still think VSO is a whole lot easier..
    Today is my day

I crop my pictures in paint and if I have something I need to re-size I do it with photoshop, with photoshop you get a more quality picture when resizing than paint but the more quality calls for more data in the files so the file itself will be bigger.