Thread: Goodbye MXT

Goodbye MXT

Well my mxt is now on it's way to a new owner I really did hate to see it go but I've had shoulder surgery once and it still gives me problems so I decided to go with something lighter.
    The good news is after research from several places and all the good reviews I saw I was made a good deal on a new teknetics omega 8000 I have one on the way and the lil brown truck site says it will be here tomarrow.
    What really sucks is as I'm typing it is now snowing and they calling for freezing stuff so looks like my playing with it will be in the air for awhile, I'm not gonna try digging in the ice.
    I hope that maybe in a few months I can give a good report of the omega it seems to be excellent at coinshooting from what I've read and that's what I do the most.
    If anyone knows any tips or anything on this machine I'm all ears.
    Ricky

Re: Goodbye MXT

Bummer you had to give it up .. All the best with the new rig !!
    Someday, I wanna be a vampire

Sorry to hear about your shoulder surgery. But may be the 8000 can do it for you, too. Good Luck with the new one and keep us updated how you like the new machine and how it performs.

Vito

Candidate Member

RR, You should like the Omega. Did you get and other coils with it?
    Lineboat captain by trade, metal detectorist by choice. USANG vet. 1986-94. May God bless our men and women in uniform.

No Capt, I just got the omega with the 10 elipp coil all I can afford right now figure I'll learn it to start then add the other coils later on.
    Ricky

Take care of that shoulder, hope you get some warmer weather soon, congrats on the new detector!
    I live my life one target at a time
    since '68

Veteran Member

Congrats on the new detector an hope Your shoulder feels better !!
    V3i DFX 10 DD 6x10 DD 4x6 DD DX-1

Congrats on the new detector, I know and you probably do to that the MXT is a great machine and I always thought they were reasonably light myself but evidently it Technetics must be lighter, I've heard they are really good machines but I've never been around one so I can't say.

I hope you tried a small coil as that really lightens the load
    Good luck with the new beeper

Quote Originally Posted by Evan/tn View Post
    I hope you tried a small coil as that really lightens the load
    Good luck with the new beeper

Yeah Evan I had the shooter coil and I know it's not all the detector I'm kinda hard headed and refuse to take things easy so I also get out and do things I know I shouldn't guess you could say I'm still a kid at heart and refuse to grow up, lol
    The omega weighs less than 3# so it should be noticable lighter.
    I may get me a new mxt pro one of these days when I can afford to have 2 or them then when I'm up to it I can use it but that will be some time and who knows I may have all I need with this one will just have to wait and see.
    Ricky

Have fun with the new beeper come spring

Take care of that shoulder
    Today is my day

Veteran Member

i certainly mean no disrespect hi-eva. i think i would do extensive rehab or something ,before i would get rid of my rig..
    i hope you enjoy your new tector..
    im an american proud and free, a son of the south dont tread on me

Candidate Member

That elliptical concentric is a great coil. More than adequate and you will enjoy it and your detector a lot. Have fun!

capt.
    Lineboat captain by trade, metal detectorist by choice. USANG vet. 1986-94. May God bless our men and women in uniform.

Well at least the snow will give your shoulder a little time to heal. Good luck with the new machine. thumbsup01
    Having fun is what it is all about!