Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: White's Spectra Vision (V3)

Re: White's Spectra V3 Vision

Quote Originally Posted by CyberSage View Post
    Hey Paul!

I will get this info posted for you this weekend. I am really pretty excited over not using the discrimination logic on the V3 at all and still have the ability to be very precise with target information. We are suppossed to get to 50 degrees by Sunday. YIPPEEE!!!
    Thanks Jack.....

Can't wait to see the current programs you are using, as far as the weather here goes, I am looking at 3 feet of snow outside the window here in Maryland....
    Whites Spectra V3i - Sun Ray Invader DX-1 - Garrett Propointer - Super 12 - Eclipse DD (6x10) - 10 DD - Eclipse 5.3 (6x6) - Excelerator SEF 10x12 Butterfly

Here is another variation of the Correlate program. This time designed to work with the stock D2 coil. This program does not use any discrimination what so ever. Instead, the custom tone settings keep the undesirable targets quiet. The idea is that even with slow recovery time near by bad targets will have less masking effect on a near by good target. This is the program I used on my last hunt when finding the Seated Liberty Dime.

Choose the Coin & Jewelry from the presets and make the following changes...

Discrimination
    Accept (-95 to +95)
    Reject (nothing)

Notes: Set your accept range to include all numbers

Sensitivity
    Rx Gain (9-10)
    Discrimination (92-93)
    All Metal (78)

Notes: Set your sensitivity to where your detector is stable. Do not sacrifice Discrimination sensitivity for Rx Gain. Keep the Discrimination sensitivity as high as possible. To much RX Gain will cause more problems with deep iron sounding like good targets.

Ground Tracking
    Speed (15)

Frequency
    Correlate (ON)
    Span (25)
    Wrap (-94)

Filter & Speed
    Ground Filter (5Hz Band Pass)
    Recovery Delay (115)

Audio
    Tone ID (ON)
    Modulation (OFF)

Set your Tone ID Mode to Custom and make the following changes...

-95 to -1 = 0 and set +95 to 0 as well

Notes: Essentially what is happening here is we are using the 0 setting to make non desirable targets quiet and give no audio response. You can set any VDI range to 0 to not hear a response.

Swing that coil slow and in about 4 foot passes. Make a pass in both directions over the same ground before overlapping for your next swing. Keep that coil on or slightly off the surface
    Hope this helps you out.

Keep Swing'in
    Jack
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

Cool approach to the correlate programs, Jack!!!

The Book of Jack just got bigger.
    I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

Hi Jack, which Correlate program settings would you change with the stock 950 coil? Not sure if you tested this coil or not.....

Quote Originally Posted by Fishnmaine View Post
    Hi Jack, which Correlate program settings would you change with the stock 950 coil? Not sure if you tested this coil or not.....
    Hey Fishnmaine,

The stock coil for the V3 is the D2. The 950 was stock on the MXT and DFX. If it is nulled (V-Rated) it will work just fine with this program. If it is not V-Rated then it will have a tendency to wrap on you. I would suggest setting the custom Tone for +95 to normal (255) and adjusting the tones for -95 and -94 to 254 and 253 respectively. If your mineralization is high then just set the +95 Tone to 255. Just a reminder, you have to move that coil very slow or you will get a lot of noise with the low filter setting. If you want to swing faster then yo can adjust your filter up a bit, but you will loose depth.

Keep swing'in
    Jack

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

I guess I should of worded it different. ....I know the D2 is the stock coil...I have a v rated 950 coil for the V3.....What ever you have set up for the D2 coil can we use the same settings for the first program you set up or the second......

Not to butt in but I look at it as most all coils use about the same settings maybe a tweek to the RX,Disc or All metal And some to the recovery for how fast you move your coil relative to coil size. Yazoo

Yazoo has pretty much summed it up. You can get away with faster recovery times with DD coils in general. Since a DD coil field lays down a smaller footprint in the ground you can kick up sensitivities as well.

Jack and all,

Wondering if anyone has impressions using the Mixed Mode Pro. I used it once briefly and found it very informative of what was beneath the coil. I didn't have many good targets in the high VDI range but could identify different compostition targets easily. Not sure on depth but I think it should detect pretty deep if you pay attention to all the beeps.

By the way, I think Jack's new correlate program is going to be very good at hitting all targets underneath the coil too. I cannot wait for WINTER to be over :bangahead01: to test all this stuff.

Scott
    White's Spectra V3i "update", MXT, Prizm V, and Sun Ray Invader DX-1.
    Coils: stock 950 on MXT; 10" DD, Super 12, 950 Eclipse, and 4x6 DD Eclipse Shooter for the V3.

"The only person who never made a mistake never did anything!!"

Jack, On your last posting of your Coorelate program:

1. Are you still setting LockTrack to ON?
    2. Are you using the Coin & Jewelry settings of Bottle Cap Reject & Hot Rock = OFF?
    3. In one of your earlier posts of this program you were using 2.5khz. Why did you switch to Correlate on this listing?

Thanks
    Dan
    White's V3i Excalibur 1000

Hey Dan!

I go back and forth on the LockTrack. If things are quiet I turn it off. Bottle Cap and Hot Rock are turned off. I have always preferred the Correlate mode. I use the 2.5kHz with the Super12 coil a lot. I feel it kind of helps get down deeper in my soil. If there is not a lot of trash and deep iron I think the 2.5kHz gets deeper and makes those deep nickels pop. With the D2 coil VDI readings are normal and to be honest I have not used the 2.5 yet with this coil.

Jack

box cover for spectra v3

hey all, just wondering do they make a box cover for the v3 that you can excess the battery without taking the cover off? The one that came with my v3 you have to take the cover all the way off to get to the battery. Is there a better unit out there?
    " DIGGIN MICHIGAN"

Thanks Jack, Not that I can get out yet, still way to much snow here but I'm getting eager to hunt and set up your program yesterday. Thanks for sharing your progress with the V3.
    White's V3i Excalibur 1000

This is what I did to make mine fit and be able to change the batteries easy.I split the cover on to the end and put a new hole in the bottom for the coil cable. It works great. Is easy to do wit a good pair of scissors. Good Luck .Yazoo
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Re: box cover for spectra v3

Quote Originally Posted by pointer80 View Post
    hey all, just wondering do they make a box cover for the v3 that you can excess the battery without taking the cover off? The one that came with my v3 you have to take the cover all the way off to get to the battery. Is there a better unit out there?
    Del bought a cover for his DFX from England. Maybe they make one for the V3? I think someone posted a link before to them. Try searching through some old posts for that link.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Forgot to say it but the end of my box cover does wrap over to the velcro and cover up the battery end of the detector. Yazoo

The box on the V3 and the DFX are identical. Anything that works for the DFX will work on the V3. Cover comes off really easy. Not sure I have ever had to change a battery during the coarse of a days hunt. Kind of a non issue for me. I use a cover in bad weather only, but I can see the advantage at the end of the day if you like to use a cover all the time. I would cut away the area on a standard cover enough to let the battery slide out and then take it to a local seamstress to sew it partially back on and fix Velcro in place. Just a thought.

Jack

Thanks to all of you...

As some of you may know, I’m new to this incredible hobby. My wife and I are totally committed to this for life; we love it so much. We started out with an ACE 250 (for my wife), and a Minelab X-Terra 505 for me. I just got a Spectra V3 a few days ago; it’s unbelievable. I wanted to thank all of you for all of your support, and friendly advice since I’ve been here. I’ll continue to work, read and learn from this great forum.

First of all, John (Lowjiber) thank you for all of the help you’ve given me, and the kindness you’ve shown me; I’ll not forget that. I’d never have gotten this far (novice or not) without you; your one in a million my friend. Your sage knowledge always amazes me in the realm of Detecting, and about life in general.

John told me about all of the extremely knowledge people on this forum, and that I should always follow the writings of Jack (Cybersage); I can see why. Jack you’re such an intricate part of this forum (as so many of you are), your vast knowledge of Metal Detecting, and the V3 is incredible. I’ve read so many entries, from all of you, which has enabled me to realize that without this forum, and all of you on it, I’d be lost. Again, thanks to everyone here for all of your help and insight. It’s my pleasure to continue to deal with you all.

Roland
    You can "Never" have too many Hobbies...
    White's Spectra V3i with a Sun Ray DX-1, Spectra V3 (My Wife's), Minelab X-Terra 505, and an ACE 250. Eclipse Shooter DD 4 X 6, Eclipse DD 6 X 10

Re: box cover for spectra v3

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    Del bought a cover for his DFX from England. Maybe they make one for the V3? I think someone posted a link before to them. Try searching through some old posts for that link.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MINELAB-FISHER...item20afd3b87a

Looks like they recently added a version for the V3 with a new flap on the back for battery access without having to take the entire cover off.

Book of Jack

Thanks for putting the book of Jack together. I found the info about the two ground probes very useful especially when using the ground probe to tell you what type of soil you are detecting.

Before that I had the V3 configured for the wrong type of soil and was only getting in the 6 range. Now with the probe info I have finally started finding stuff at the 9-10 range using the Eclipse 6x10 DD.

Later

Mark