Quote Originally Posted by angellionel View Post
That seems strange Connie. How are you determining that you are on the list despite logging off? Are you viewing the forum as a guest when you see your name on the list? So you know, your name is not listed on the Currently Active User list as I make this post, so it appears that you are indeed being logged out.

Do me a favor. When you are back on, log out by clicking on the logout link, then immediately take a look at the Currently Active User list. Is your name still there? If not, then the server has logged you off as expected. Now exit your browser. Reopen the browser and go to the forum without logging in. Review the Currently Active User list. Is your name there? It shouldn't be listed.

If you can clarify, is this happening even when you access the forum using another computer? Have you checked your browser settings to ensure it is not set to automatically log you into the forum whenever you click on the link to the forum? Are you using Firefox for all of your online activity? If so, open a different browser and navigate to the forum. You should be viewing the forum as a guest. Do you see your name on the list despite having logged off via your primary browser?
As I noted in the original post I sometimes see my screen name as an active user before I login. Doesn't always happen which prompted the original question regarding someone else using my screen name.

My browser is not set to auto login, remember pass words or any of that stuff. The only time I allow cookies are for two specific sites. This site and a guitar building forum. The cookies are set to clear upon exit and/or browser shutdown.

I don't have any other computer to test the login/out.

I'll keep n eye on it and let you know if the problem re-appears.