Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What the heck are we gonna do all winter?

Re: What the heck are we gonna do all winter?

if the ground's diggable.... i'm so there!
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar

going to be busy

From the land of the Bluenose.....work lots of overtime this time of the year with all the charter flights coming in. On the lighter side I too still play hockey and have my philatelic interests to pursue. Going south to get my fix for a fortnight also which breaks up the winter and besides going shack happy!
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

Re: going to be busy

[quote=leslie(nova scotia);7124]
    On the lighter side I too still play hockey and have my philatelic interests to pursue[\quote]

Hey Leslie,
    You do any US stamp collecting??
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Hopefully I'll be out hunting. It's a balmy 42 here and sunny right now. Doing Honey-do's today so I can hunt tomorrow. The skeeters are dead and it's prime hunting season. I'll see if I can post some finds tomorrow.

Ah Durango. Love that place. And the train is a run ride. Silverton is beautiful. Haven't been there in probably 10 years. Love the town. What scenery. What about Ouray? Another neat spot.

Research! Great idea Ricko.

As most know, I live in California and can hunt year-round. However, we're moving to southern Nevada this month (Jan). I'll have a whole new world to explore when we finally get settled in.

We'll be in the Vegas area and my Jeep is anxious to hit the desert. I'll have to learn some new digging techniques...I'm sure.
    I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowjiber View Post

We'll be in the Vegas area and my Jeep is anxious to hit the desert. I'll have to learn some new digging techniques...I'm sure.
    I hope you got a compass and a snake bite kit.... and tons of water and a .... never mind I think you get the cautions for being in a strange environment. Oh don't forget the scorpions too lol
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

As most know, I live in California and can hunt year-round. However, we're moving to southern Nevada this month (Jan). I'll have a whole new world to explore when we finally get settled in.

Have fun with the move, get yourself a big crowbar, one like they use to use on the railroad....

ah! a fellow Jeeper , you'll have fun there with that . best of luck to you in the move and i will be hoping it goes uneventful . stay away from them one-armed bandits out there.
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

I have been doing a lot of research for next hunting season. I am also working on an air testing setup much like Jeff Foster used in his test of the DFX for his book &quotigging Deeper With The DFX. I am hoping this will give me a better understanding of the V3 and the effects of various adjustments. Man, we are froze down hard right now. I don't think I am going to be swing'in before March sometime. crying01

Keep Swing'in
    Jack
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

personnally i plan to cry a lot,and that's the truth
    If it wasn't for flashbacks, i would have no memory at all