Thread: Gonna Try Today!

Gonna Try Today!

Howdy Folks!
    Now that my knee has been surgeryfied, I am planning to get out and try to do a little detecting. Maybe try just one or two spots, and let the knee do the talking.

The arthroscopic surgery to mend my knee (turns out both meniscui were torn) went fine until late in the afternoon when I ended up having to call EMS and get myself delivered by ambulance to the E.R. Stitches had to be taken to stop a profuse bleeding and then I had to be assisted out of my car and back into my home by the fire department. Long story, and not the point of this message anyhow.

I let things go yesterday and spent almost the entire day with leg elevated and iced, and will likely do so again today. But in the meanwhile, I hope to get out and do some hunting. This will be the first post-op hunt, and I will take it real easy. I haven't taken any pain medication since early yesterday and will be starting in on twice daily injections of Lovenox this morning. They don't want another blood clot issue. But I should still be in reasonable shape to try hitting maybe one or two tot lots on the day.

Wish me luck, should be fine, unless I bust a stitch!

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Quarters = 123
    Nickels = 60
    Dimes = 104
    Pennies = 246
    Half Dollars =
    Dollar Coins = 3
    Total Coins = 535
    Gold Sale 2/5/13 = $25.50
    YTD = $73.21

Its Going to be a Shpadoinkle Day!

Gunning for Gold!

Re: Gonna Try Today!

Good Luck, Mel.

Don't push it too hard though. I don't know about you, but I heal a little slower these days. No fun going back to the docs again.
    I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

hey Mel maybe some gold to make a smile on your face would do the trick...

take it slow and easy....don't need a redos of the ER....

Howdy Guys!
    Thanks for your responses, and yeah, I do plan to take things very slow and very easy. After that episode with the emergency room night before last, I don't hanker to reprise that particular adventure. But I do feel a need to work that leg some to get it limbering up.

They have exercises that I'm supposed to do, but they seem overly tame and don't really do much to encourage range of motion. So I'm gonna move down range and work it some to limber it up. And I will be paying a great deal of attention to the leg and how it responds to the demands I put on it. My intent is to work it some without pushing it too far.

But sitting at home and doing nothing won't much get that range of motion back, nor will those lame little exercises I got from the docs. Detecting will have me working the thing through all of those motions in the exercises given, plus more that will encourage stretching and flexibility work.

Much appreciate your concerns, but I will be playing it safe, erring on the side of caution rather than pushing beyond what seems reasonable.

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Quarters = 123
    Nickels = 60
    Dimes = 104
    Pennies = 246
    Half Dollars =
    Dollar Coins = 3
    Total Coins = 535
    Gold Sale 2/5/13 = $25.50
    YTD = $73.21

Its Going to be a Shpadoinkle Day!

Gunning for Gold!

Hey Mel...you know the old saying, pay now or pay later! Take it easy for 10 days to a couple of weeks. thumbsup01 thumbsup01 It is NO fun, as you have experienced already, going in for more of the same under the knife stuff!!! Behave yourself and do what the M.D. and RPT admonish you to do...please We want to read more of your stories about detecting adventures, not stays at the doc's office and ER!!! Hang in there bud...this too shall pass.

w.w.
    E-TRAC, V3i, DFX
    Oldest coin detected: 1854 half dollar

It aint worth it Mel, you have been having problems with your knee for some time now, if it was me Id give it a rest till it heals properly, but thats just me, I'd hate to see you mess up what the doc has done for you already, relax and take it easy for a while, the treasures will always be out there.

take it easy mel, i hope at least your taking somewone with you. we don't want you calling out help, i've fallen and i can't get up. i know, i've had 3 of those surgerys already.

Don't rush it and take it a little at a time. We know you have to get out and detect so just take a few test runs out to make sure the knee will get a bit more excercise than the Dr.'s. The story of the hare and the tortoise.................take it slow and you will come out in the lead in the long run. thumbsup01

We don't like hearing about hospitals---we like hearing about gold jewelry finds.
    Robbie
    author of "Find More Silver Coinshooting Parks and Schools" by Robbie Morin
    contributor to- Camp Logan: Houston, Texas 1917-1919-by Louis Aulbach, Linda Gorski and Robbie Morin

I would rest at least 5 days before trying to put pressure on that knee. Bending down to dig a hole puts an odd strain on the back and knees. I would listen to the docs just this time lol
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

If ya go just make sure you listen when the knee starts whispering. If you wait till it's screaming at ya it's going to slow you down longer.

Veteran Member

your crazy . if you keep ppushing it youll have to get a carbon fiber wheelchair to detect out of .. i would chill for a while
    im an american proud and free, a son of the south dont tread on me

Veteran Member

Mel give some rest buddy . The last thing you need is for it to give out and really do some bigger damage . You will be out there again in no time. This hobby sure is addicting though isnt it?

:bangahead01: :bangahead01: :bangahead01: :bangahead01: At least give yourself time for your cut skin to grow back together 8/ 8/ 8/
    Today is my day

Veteran Member

Mel ...Stay Home and get well first !!! Give Your knee Time to heal !!!
    Listen to the other Folks Here..Be good or we'll have to You

Don't rush it ...it's not worth it .
    V3i DFX 10 DD 6x10 DD 4x6 DD DX-1