Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walker Among Ten Silver

Walker Among Ten Silver

The excitement from yesterday's finds had still not abated by today. It had been fun digging up four mercury dimes from one hole and walking away from the park with eight silver coins. I had no thoughts of being able to surpass that anytime soon, yet today I somehow managed to do just that.

I returned to the park, picking up from where I had left off on my last grid. What took place next had me smiling like a little boy at a candy store. I turned on my machine, noise canceled, and began my grid. Then, on my fifth or sixth sweep, I heard that distinctive silver tone. The type that makes you stop on your tracks. I hovered and slowly swept the coil over the target to determine the approximate depth as well as possible identification. The Fe numbers were hitting between 8 and 10, and the Co number 46/47, that of a half dollar. The depth gauge was indicating a possible 8 or 9 inches. Dare I hope for another half?

I did not waste any time cutting the plug, though I was careful to make it wide enough so as not to clip the target with my digger. I scooped out plenty of soil, and after digging eight inches or so I saw my target - a Walker! I picked it up to look at the date - 1943-D. Sweet! This one makes my 10th silver half this year - five Barber half dollars, four Walking Liberty halves, and one Franklin.

I was feeling very good after digging the WLH, and confident that I would walk away from the park with at least another two silver coins. But it turned out to be much better than that, as I had ten silver coins in my pouch by the end of the day. Gridding pays off!

The soil sure wanted to hold on to this 1938 mercury dime.

A 1947 Roosevelt dime.

The large silver I dug up today. The quarter was another sweet surprise.

And the silver dimes, dated 1938, 1940-S, 1942, 1945-D, 1945-S, 1946, 1947 and 1964

I also picked up this Chinese coin. It's the size of a large U.S. copper. I have yet to identify the type or year.

Winter, stay away!!

HH!

Re: Walker Among Ten Silver

I think everyone has officially stopped talking to you Sweet hunt. What a year for you. You should have started counting some of these for next year

WOW . Maybe I should have got the E-Trac . I think you can go professional now, call your agent and get that NFL sized signing bonus ..
    White's Spectra V3i "update", MXT, Prizm V, and Sun Ray Invader DX-1.
    Coils: stock 950 on MXT; 10" DD, Super 12, 950 Eclipse, and 4x6 DD Eclipse Shooter for the V3.

"The only person who never made a mistake never did anything!!"

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    I think everyone has officially stopped talking to you lol lol lol Sweet hunt. What a year for you. You should have started counting some of these for next year
    I think Epi is ready to shut off her phone. Just kidding Angie!

Quote Originally Posted by angellionel View Post
    Thanks guys! thumbsup01

I think Epi is ready to shut off her phone. lol Just kidding Angie!
    I'm not going to shut off my phone

Glad I got an unlimited text option

I have never learned more than I have from Angel. I can't put into words what I have learned.

Incredible day

Good grief man! That's amazing!
    CTX 3030, Garrett Propointer
    2013 Silver count: 27
    2012 Silver count: 30
    2011 Silver count: 58
    2010 Silver count: 77

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post

I have never learned more than I have from Angel. I can't put into words what I have learned.
    I learned something too Don't hunt against Angel

What else can anyone say? Congrats!
    [move]White’s MXT Minelab E-Trac Oldest coin: 1875 Indian Head Cent Oldest Silver Coin: 1886 Seated Liberty Dime[/move]

Veteran Member

Ok, we need a group hunt. The field vs Angel Bring it on. Nice hunt man.
    Oldest: 1755 Spanish silver; 1800 half dime | 1842 seated half | 1857 seated quarter | 516 silver coins in 2011!

Very nice take today.

What's your count at now? You're beyond on fire! Nice looking half you found too.
    From The Pacific Northwest to Orange County...
    White's XLT, Ace 250 - 2010 YTD $4.28

Quote Originally Posted by randy View Post
    Ok, we need a group hunt. The field vs Angel
    i think he would need to spot us a few silver coins still just so we'll have a fighting chance

the amount of silver you've aquired is staggering Angel . over 425 silver coins now your my hero great hunt

Dan

I was correct.. you are the Silver Surfer!!! Finding 10 silvers is one thing.. but add the dollar in the mix brings it all to another level of WOW!
    Equipment: Garrett AT Pro

That is a beautiful half BTW... I was ready to get out the bat when I heard you found another half!

I'm curious what that Chinese coin turns out to be.

Nice silver ,gotta love those halfs.The chinese coin looks interesting. H.H. Yazoo

That's a beauty Angel, nice half! I kept thinking man what a nice day to detect and yesterday was one.. Please just leave one Silver coin for me at the park!
    Minelab E-Trac
    Whites DFX
    Garrett Pro Pointer

Thank you for the kinds words everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Stang1968 View Post
    What's your count at now? You're beyond on fire! Nice looking half you found too.
    Currently the count stand at 427.

Quote Originally Posted by randy View Post
    Ok, we need a group hunt. The field vs Angel Bring it on. Nice hunt man.
    Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    i think he would need to spot us a few silver coins still just so we'll have a fighting chance

the amount of silver you've aquired is staggering Angel . over 425 silver coins now your my hero great hunt

Dan
    It would be no contest guys! I wouldn't stand a chance even with a three day head start.

Quote Originally Posted by catskillcomics View Post
    I was correct.. you are the Silver Surfer!!! Finding 10 silvers is one thing.. but add the dollar in the mix brings it all to another level of WOW!
    Believe me, I was quite surprised to see another silver half come out of that park. I had been expecting to find only silver dimes, with an occasional silver quarter thrown in.

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    That is a beautiful half BTW... I was ready to get out the bat when I heard you found another half!

I'm curious what that Chinese coin turns out to be.
    That one deserved a call.

I'm curious about the Chinese coin too. I do like the dragon design.

Quote Originally Posted by bmattioli View Post
    That's a beauty Angel, nice half! I kept thinking man what a nice day to detect and yesterday was one.. Please just leave one Silver coin for me at the park!
    There should be plenty left for your new E-Trac to sniff out. Thanks Bruce. It was a pleasant day, even if overcast.

Angel you amaze me, you've got me going slow and griding my search and I still don't come close to you on the amount of Silver you find. Your just one plain helluva Detectorists and my hero awesome finds.
    E-Trac, Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium.

Simply incredible Angellionel!

Incredible hunt Angel! Congrats on all the silver especially the WLH! They have always been one of my favorite coins!