Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hey everyone

Veteran Member

Re: hey everyone

nitro, im dissapointed in you.. dan's a marine , of corse he's coming in feet first and ill bet my lunch money he can swim.... now then .. welcome aboard swab
    im an american proud and free, a son of the south dont tread on me

Thanks for all the welcomes.
    M-Taliesin and others- I hope I didn't give the impression that I was upset with the White's or their site, because I am not at all. I was using their detectors with very good results. I bought a V3 used it for a year, and didn't care for it. I liked my DFX better. Long story short, I decided to go with a Minelab (E-Trac). Within twenty min I felt more comfortable with the Etrac than I did after a year with my V3.
    I do not do tot lots or modern parks. I detect old colonial, pre colonial and older sites. The Etrac is just a better fit for the type of detecting I do.
    I stopped posting on the White's site because I am no longer detecting with a white's machine. That whole site is dedicated to their brand of detectors. The manufacturer (whites) is paying the bills and I respect their rules, what ever they might be. I feel they have the right to keep everything within certain boundries.
    I would also like to add that WHITE'S IS THE BEST COMPANY THAT I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH, NO EXCEPTIONS. I am not just talking about metal detecting manufacturers, I mean of any company I have ever dealt with.
    I do not spend much time dealing with the superfluous topics not related to detecting, so not a problem for me. What I care most about is, topics that will help me in the field, to become a better detectorist. I also like the gear reviews. I just ordered a stealth X-5 based on coinnut's reviews. Thank you coinnut.

hi dan, different farm stand, same nuts.
    If it wasn't for flashbacks, i would have no memory at all

Great to see you again Dan!!!!
    I can only please one person per day,,,today is not your day,,,tomorrow isn't looking good either.

2011 silver coins> 18,,,,13 IH,,,,2 V nickels,,,2 Shield nickels
    2010 silver coins >4,,,,the year that wasn't
    2009 silver coins> 77> 49 IHs> 15 V nickels>9 Buffs

Nice to see you here Dan. And I am looking forward to seeing some of your finds this year. Hope you enjoy the Etrak.
    Tomorrow should be a great day, provided nothing stops me from preventing it from not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by DAN03USMC View Post
    I just ordered a stealth X-5 based on coinnut's reviews. Thank you coinnut.
    Hey Dan, you will love that coil. If you need some input when it comes in (and when you can actually dig lol) let me know. Del and I hunt colonial cellar holes as our primary type of hunting. That coil is great for the cellar hole lip as well as a great trashy park or old house coil. You can crank the sensitivity all the way, but I like to have it around 28. II've tried a bunch of coils, (certainly not all of them), an have always come back around to having only 2 coils - the 11 Pro coil and the X-5.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Coinnut, I had been doing research , but was still on the fence. I was on the other forums and some of the high-liners were highly recommending it. It is not always a good idea to jump on a pruduct based on high reviews from others. Different parts of the country have different soils, conditions etc. I did see that you were from Ma and that you hunt the same type of targets and locals. that's what clinched it for me.
    I have the 6X8 SEF and like it, but don't feel like it is vastly different from my pro coil ( my go-to coil) I am just hoping that I don't bottom out at 5 of depth with the X-5. From what I have read people are getting depths of 6-7 and I think I read somewhere that one guy got an 8 coin with it.
    I have a Kit that I bring with me (into the woods or where-ever) and plan on having those two coils, set up with lower rods with me at all times. I already have a slue of spots I want to re-visit with this coil. I think it will make for a great coil test. I have hit these spots many times with multiple detectors and multiple coils.

Hi Dan, and welcome! Glad you decided to join us. Looking forward to seeing the wonderful finds being made at the colonial sites!

You will definitely get 5 from that coil and more. Mine bottoms out at the 7+ inch range. At them depths targets are very iffy but still there. The main reason I like this coil is because it showed me how many targets it can pick out at shallow depths (@4) that were still there after a couple of different detectors went over it (including the Pro Coil). I have mine mounted on lower shafts and since I have the inline probe, changing coils is a snap. I have learned not to jump on any product that someone is raving about unless I see their finds, style of detecting, and region of the country. I have bought too many products that didn't even come close to what was said Good luck at them sites!!

Quote Originally Posted by DAN03USMC View Post
    Coinnut, I had been doing research , but was still on the fence. I was on the other forums and some of the high-liners were highly recommending it. It is not always a good idea to jump on a pruduct based on high reviews from others. Different parts of the country have different soils, conditions etc. I did see that you were from Ma and that you hunt the same type of targets and locals. that's what clinched it for me.
    I have the 6X8 SEF and like it, but don't feel like it is vastly different from my pro coil ( my go-to coil) I am just hoping that I don't bottom out at 5 of depth with the X-5. From what I have read people are getting depths of 6-7 and I think I read somewhere that one guy got an 8 coin with it.
    I have a Kit that I bring with me (into the woods or where-ever) and plan on having those two coils, set up with lower rods with me at all times. I already have a slue of spots I want to re-visit with this coil. I think it will make for a great coil test. I have hit these spots many times with multiple detectors and multiple coils.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Hay Dan!! Welcome. Enjoy your stay here and show us lots of pictures of stuff you find with your Minelab E-Trak detector that is not made by White's.
    It's also not made by Fisher,tesoro or any other company.
    (Sorry, it just feels good to be able to type those names)
    2018 silver coins=4
    Silver rings=
    Gold rings=
    Wheats=11
    I.H.=
    Buff=
    Clad=$21.31
    Dollar coins=2
    CTX3030, DFX w/Bigfoot, Beachhunter300, E-Trac.
    Hunting Michigan wet or dry!
    Oldest coin ever = King George II half penny 1729-1754
    Oldest U.S. coin = 1834 L.C.
    Oldest silver ever = 1839 seated half dime

Welcome Dan,you will like it here,can't wait to see your finds,Dave
    Life Is Short,Make everyday Count,Go for the Gold!

Hi Dan - grab a chair

welcome dan.

Welcome from Kentucky!
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

Veteran Member

Welcome Dan. Hope to see some of your finds soon.

Hey Dan .................good to see you here.
    Oh yeah! [img width=44 height=55]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r211/goatrancher/Smileys/Old.gif[/img] Well take this!