Thread: Got in just under the wire

Got in just under the wire

The weather was so nice I played hooky from work yesterday. I just had to hit the woods once more before the snow started falling like it is today. I hunted an area in the woods that had a lot of trees and brush the guard had cut down and just let lay but decided it would be worth a chance. Didn't find a whole lot but got a lot of mixed signals between coin and trash. Sure do wish I had brought my 5.3 coil with me. :-\ I did come away with another silver. A 43 merc in good shape . Today the snows are coming so I may have just got in under the wire. If this is the end of a season for me I have a ton of research to do for next year. Now I look forward to seeing what the rest of ya'll get where it is warmer. Good luck and HH.
    Minelab ETrac,Whites BH-ID, Fisher F2, Vibraprobe PP,Bullseye II PP.

Re: Got in just under the wire

Glad you slid another day in! A bunch of us are facing the inevitable. Snow will be here for me too, but not quite yet. In an odd way, I'm kinda looking forward to cleaning and sorting some of this years finds. Research is always a good thing! Nice that you rescued that Mercury. I bet there will be more there. Brush is always hard to get into with a big coil, but that little guy will work just fine
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Nice day to take off!! thumbsup01 Beats work anyday!!
    White's Spectra V3i "update", MXT, Prizm V, and Sun Ray Invader DX-1.
    Coils: stock 950 on MXT; 10" DD, Super 12, 950 Eclipse, and 4x6 DD Eclipse Shooter for the V3.

"The only person who never made a mistake never did anything!!"

Glad you got out Hoser and glad you found a nice Merc thumbsup01 now it's time to dream of the big thaw. lol lol lol lol
    E-Trac, Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium.

That's great Bill! The snow keeps missing us here, but one of these days we're going to get it.
    [move]White’s MXT Minelab E-Trac Oldest coin: 1875 Indian Head Cent Oldest Silver Coin: 1886 Seated Liberty Dime[/move]

Nice going!
    MXT, Explorer SE Pro

WTG Bill! Looks like we are both in the same boat!

Bill i hope its not the last merc of the season for you , hope theres some real mild days for you to add to the silver pile my friend . it won't be long for us in the northeast as well .
    congrats on the merc .
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album