Thread: Old home place C.S.A.

Old home place C.S.A.

Hidy to all. Went back to the home place Fri. Now that I have found out I had found the top part of his Confederate Reunion badge I will be spending a little time there. Here is all I found Fri.,, saw brad,, knob off old oil lamp, and look how they put U.S.of america on it,,brads,, shoe plates,, part of a small spur,, 2 more pnoenix buttons,, 2 train buttons havent ever seen one like the first one you can see the conductor in it with his arm on the side of the window the other I remember when I was a kid I might not should have said that,, another WW-1 button large one this time with writing on back,, And that is it for now,ready to go back but got a feeling it ant going to be easy. Hope yal enjoy and H.H.
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    Civil War Nut
    V3, V3i, 4" 6" 8" (3) 10" 12" DD super coils

Re: Old home place C.S.A.

Neat button finds CWN thumbsup01 thumbsup01 Too bad the spur isn't complete .. 8)
    Today is my day

Nice finds on all the cool buttons 8)
    Might be some old coins hanging around there

Great bunch of finds CWN thumbsup01 cool train buttons, that H. Disston & Sons thing is a saw medallion, I found one in late december 2010 it think and here's a link you can get a general idea of when yours was made.
    http://www.disstonianinstitute.com/medallionpage.html

I know what you mean about trying to find the other part to the confederate medallion, I've also been searching for the other half of a G.A.R. souvenir medallion I found last summer at the trash pit.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Evan/tn View Post
    Nice finds on all the cool buttons 8)
    Might be some old coins hanging around there
    Hidy Evan. Yep I done pulled out a 1895- Q & two V-N-1884 & 1912 They on here somewhere on the first few hunts there.
    Civil War Nut

Quote Originally Posted by giant056 View Post
    Great bunch of finds CWN thumbsup01 cool train buttons, that H. Disston & Sons thing is a saw medallion, I found one in late december 2010 it think and here's a link you can get a general idea of when yours was made.

I know what you mean about trying to find the other part to the confederate medallion, I've also been searching for the other half of a G.A.R. souvenir medallion I found last summer at the trash pit.
    Thinks 56. I have found a lot of these thinks.
    Civil War Nut

As usual more cool stuff

Nice buttons. They made for a great hunt just by themselves That place has lots to offer. It sounds like a good place to visit from time to time. Congrats!!
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Quote Originally Posted by giant056 View Post

I have found a bunch of them most are from are from late 1800s to early 1900s
    Civil War Nut